1. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

2. wi.bi's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

this could be more compelling and emotional than this

3. FCC 86's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

"All tears flow from the same source"

4. rcd's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

Sembro pazzo anche a me stesso ma chi lo dice che se crediamo tanto tanto in una cosa giusta non cambieremo il mondo per magia?

5. ig_____or's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

Salma Hayek's exercise in self-pity and social consciousness was a bit... embarrassing. Don't get me wrong, the film is very easy breezy and was perfect for a Sunday night in bed... but the characters are SO one-dimensional that it just feels like a waste of a great ensemble cast. It's like... "The Silence of the Goats", with zero nuances or depth.

6. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

7. smndvdcl's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

Certain elements hit notes struck in 'Carnage' and Hayek's acting is potent as always.

8. epiphany_moment2000's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

9. Armina Stepan's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

Clever dialogue and very nice character dynamic but the ending was abrupt and felt completely gratuitous

10. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

This is not at all a comedy. It is a parable on the excesses of capitalism. I have a proposal to change the title: "Beatriz' Choice". The movie starts boring. In the middle, when having dinner, it comes up, but misses the opportunities. The end is suprising & disconnected. All in all, a solid movie (due to Mrs. Hayek & Mr. Lithgow), which unfortunately couldn't exploit the apparantly existing potential.

11. Dan's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

I mean... white Americans, amiright?

12. jessetaylor's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

What an extremely challenging film this was. I'm fairly smitten with this right now, but I'm not surprised as I adore Miguel Arteta's work and consider Mike White a treasure. Beatriz at Dinner sits nicely in 2017 as an examination of Trump's America showing us the line that divides the people with lots and the people with nothing.

13. Chichago_'s rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

14. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

Doug Strutt is a Donald Trump's alter ego and Newport is Mar-a-Lago. Since they can't Get Out, the colonized, the marginalized, the exploited, the disenfranchised, the modern slaves, the immigrants can only self immolate, discreetly. There will be no revolution. Just extinction. A bleak, but utterly realistic depiction of The United States of Plutocracy in 2017. P.S. It's a "comedy" only for the white 1%.

15. Matt Richards's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

Truly awkward viewing here that's a clever and effective way to demonstrate the disconnect between our two selves; the sophisticated consumer and the planet damager. Fantastic to see the disgusting practice of big game hunting for fun lambasted as well. All this is packaged together as a sort of straight sitcom that then veers off into magic realism and the haemorrhaged psyche. 3.5 stars

16. Genadijus L.'s rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

Salma Hayek gives the best role since her famous portrait of Frida Kahlo. "Beatriz at Dinner" bluntly manipulates with some spiritual, emotional and harmony themes, though tv style script and camera work don't allow to turn into more complex and well-heeled dramedy as decent cast (including always shining J. Lithgow and Ch. Sevigny) simply doesn't create the adequate chemistry and temper.

17. paul_quixote's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

I wonder what this movie would be like told from another perspective, or multiple perspectives? Hayek is great but only seeing the film's social conflict through her eyes gets repetitive. If the initial setting was the bougie castle, and we see Hayek enter into it...? I wonder. Great cast but supporting players get short shrift. There is a sublime moment of violence. Made me wish Enlightened didn't get cancelled.

18. Landen Celano's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

Beautifully grotesque, or grotesquely beautiful. Which are you?

19. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

Salma Hayek anchors an often very funny yet emotionally souring look at friction between classes and what happens when an unseen minority becomes the elephant in the room amongst fat-cats. The moral and ethical vapidness of the characters is solid, with John Lithgow's cocksure mogul character existing on Hayek's level of commanding the screen. A bit too pedantic and dreamlike at times, but well-written all around.

20. bryanvmh's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

Good actors perform their roles well in a script that is about how rich people are killing the world. Like, yeah, everyone who watches this movie is going to have agreed to that prior to viewing.

21. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

Not entirely the cringe comedy it's being billed as. Indeed, it bites off a lot to chew: not just friction between classes, but different ways of detaching from reality. It can be heady stuff, and I think it demands much subtler satire and balanced observation of human behavior. So much of its comedy seems dreamed up as a sitcom premise, but it's best moments come when it defies its established caricatures.

22. Joe Hackman's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

Great performance from Salma in a good film. John Early's quietly tense performance in the background elevates it all.

23. EdieEmm's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner

Of course we’ll line up to see Hayek take on the 1% in frumpy mom-jeans. It’s the movie we deserve! Sadly, it's nowhere near the one we need... At best, a let-down; neither comedic nor dramatic enough to justify the two-dimensional caricatures that pass for its characters. At worst, blatantly opportunistic, and underpinned by a disturbing neocolonial exoticization of the Other. A tepid, well-acted disappointment. 2.5

24. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Beatriz at Dinner