1. violaziluolan's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

La storia dei piccoli nessuno la conosce. Qui ci arriva amplificata grazie a ritmo e semplicità/chiarezza.

2. panagiotatos's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

In a Sudan divided by a civil war under a racial pretext, there is nothing that can stop the multitude of tribes, especially women and youth from keeping their culture, their language, their music, songs and dances, while they try to avoid self-hate incited by the government propaganda. 7,5/10

3. razaz's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

As a northern Sudanese, born and grown up by and among those oppressors, the film just left me emotionally troubled. I feel a lot of rage that this mass killing has been going on for decades and doesn't seem to stop, I feel embarrassed that this is part of my country about which I know very little,I feel complicit to do nothing about it. The film is wonderful, though tried so hard to tune down the atrocities.

4. DrFirestone's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

This is an emotional and honest exploration of Sudan's folklore and local traditions. We directly witness the human cost of an armed conflict in a place where everyday life meets everyday death. This document focuses on the conflict of human soul. The beautiful folklore songs and traditions which are the root and source of the madness (war). Why can't we free ourselves from these limitations and become "just" humans?

5. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

"If the question of Sudanese identity is not answered, war will continue."

6. malbrown2's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

A good film. It’s so important to see what is happening in other cultures as a result of war and religions.

7. captainfez's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

8. Cosma's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

Africa is a fucking mess.//Devo sul serio tradurlo?

9. Luka's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

This documentary triggered more questions than it provided answers. The musical scenes seem very staged. This production touches such sensitive subjects; war, African development, race, ... reading other comments on this site made me upset. It feels urgent to move beyond the "they smile in spite of everything" storyline. Empathise, respect and let's all make an effort to understand the complex world we live in.

10. Camera Magica's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

Caméra au poing et au cœur, Sud Soudan, des hommes et des femmes magnifiques. A voir entre les lignes, un grand reportage cinématographiquement mal écrit.

11. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

Considering the circumstances, this is a surprisingly joyful documentary about the Sudanese people and their fight to keep their own culture alive in a time of civil war. Really enjoyed how the refugees were given the opportunity to talk about their own experiences rather than having a narrator tell me what it was like over there. Made it a way more real and intimate experience. Beautifully shot and edited too.

12. Jakob Steen's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

I wish to meet this beautiful people and music one day in real life. And Thank you Hajooj Kuka for bringing this art to the screen. Love

13. nica's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

I feel like to describe this film as mainly about music is quite misleading. Nevertheless, as someone not heavily-informed about the conflicts in Sudan, this documentary seems to successfully include many voices and groups of people for a very short amount of time.

14. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

Seems that mankind can not stop doing two things - music and war. @El Biffo and I both wish there was more music and less war.

15. sourasis06's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

When all else fails we can always go back to our roots.

16. El Biffo's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

I wish there was more music and less war in this film and also more music and less war in the world altogether.

17. Ludovic72's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov

Prix du Jury MUBI au festival F.A.M.E 2016 à la Gaîté lyrique / Les trois membres du jury ont été enthousiasmés et émus par le sujet, le courage de la réalisation, la concision et la clarté de la mise en scène, ainsi que par la "musique vitale" habitant le film. Cette population continuant à vivre et à créer "malgré tout" force le respect. Un documentaire à la fois terrible et humaniste, extrêmement recommandable !

18. Magda Magdy's rating of the film Beats of the Antonov