1. FISCHER's rating of the film Beau travail

Un ancien officier de la Légion Etrangère se rappelle un moment dramatique vécu par lui et ses hommes en Afrique ..... Décevant ! www.cinefiches.com

2. Andrew Lang's rating of the film Beau travail

the greatest dance scene in the history of cinema?

3. Max Swanson's rating of the film Beau travail

A beguiling, transfixing experience featuring one of the most surprisingly satisfying last moments of any film in recent memory.

4. riraru's rating of the film Beau travail

Sehr ästhetisch, körperlich. Als heterosexueller Mann oder homosexuelle Frau hätte ich mich möglicherweise etwas gelangweilt …

5. laura karl's rating of the film Beau travail

beautiful scenery. very intense and slow. great sound. interesting depiction of male bodies and rivalry. the dance scene is unbelievably amazing.

6. Francisco R.'s rating of the film Beau travail

Based on a Melville novel but Conradian in its storytelling, this mosaic of images, impresions and recollections of the growing boredom and animosity within a group of legionnaires conveys a quiet desperation that is perfectly achieved by the talented cast.

7. LAB ARBUTA's rating of the film Beau travail

La roba più ridicola mai vista

8. Fabiha's rating of the film Beau travail

"That day, something overpowering took hold of my heart. I thought about the end. The end of me."

9. Nachtreich's rating of the film Beau travail

10. Luke Smithers's rating of the film Beau travail

I aspire to make works of a similar fusion of post-modern dance and narrative filmmaking. This is an aching tale of non-belonging told solely through movement. Never have I seen a film that is more a testament to the performative nature of masculinity. -- An especially enlightening review: http://www.bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/sight-sound-magazine/features/greatest-films-all-time/blood-sand-beau-travail

11. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Beau travail

re-watched tonight, four years later. Words do not touch this film. In other words, there is nothing to say. Just breathe, experience. Hands down one of the best cinematic experiences ever. Maybe this sounds lazy, but this is one of the few times I've walked away from a film and there was simply no need to speak or describe. I am a ripe sponge, I am basking in a super juicy pleasure dome.

12. Blue Roses's rating of the film Beau travail

13. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film Beau travail

14. bagno's rating of the film Beau travail

15. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Beau travail

Event-wary but all the same an extreme sensory overload, this film doesn't really need a story. The domesticity of military life is not something you usually see, nor do you see a film so originally communicating routine. Monotonous it isn't. nor does it default to paranoid information flows. I'd say BT is one of the only films about Male Hysteria, a topic Melville and Denis have mastered. Rewatched b/c Moonlight.

16. daftnymph's rating of the film Beau travail

beautiful, mesmerizing, perfect male physiques

17. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Beau travail

18. Balthaz21's rating of the film Beau travail

19. N. C.'s rating of the film Beau travail

I guess I should see it again. I couldn't feel connected to anything.

20. le Gars's rating of the film Beau travail

4,5 Cinema of sensations, between body and abstraction.

21. Bekriah Mawasi's rating of the film Beau travail

22. Pymo's rating of the film Beau travail

23. Dries's rating of the film Beau travail

quanto odio claire denis...

24. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Beau travail

This is a physical manifestation of the homo-erotic tension that exists within male culture, especially concentrated and isolated groups of men such as the legion of soldiers featured in Beau Travail. Visually, it is a gorgeous study of the soldier's body, his daily routines and his strenuous exercises, his achievements and his punishments, which Claire Denis seamlessly inter-weaves with studious shots of the...↓

← Previous 1 3 4