1. Kreg's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

The incredible visual design actually won me over the Disney version, except I'd trade the Tadums for the enchanted servants. This film takes it's time, which I appreciate, except it uses too little of that time on establishing some kind of believable relationship between the leads. I have no idea how or why Belle fell in love with the Beast. Beyond that, my only complaint is that Astrid seemed really hollow.

2. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Fantastic first half, with a great atmosphere and stunning production and costume designs; unfortunately the final action climax is awful and there was no time to show the relationship between the main characters.

3. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Ob wir diese Neuverfilmung wirklich brauchen? Ich war mir nicht sicher. Da ich aber Märchenfilme liebe, habe ich mir die Version von Christophe Gans dennoch angesehen... die ganze Rezension und unsere liebsten modernen Märchenfilme gibts auf unserer Videotheken Webpage cinegeek.de

4. Ajfunmi's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Faultless, I loved watching this French version of the classic story tale Beauty and the Beast. It was not in english but it was lovely, watched it twice.

5. spiderliliez's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

It's not fully based off the French novel, and not based off the Disney version either. It's a rather loose adaptation of the original story. It kinda dragged on for an hour until the twist happened, and it picked up from there. I did enjoy it, but I don't think I'm the only one who felt like something was missing. Regardless, having Léa Seydoux and Vincent Cassel was the only magnet this film had on me.

6. Siaudebert's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Can't be cut off from the two great others, Coqueteau and Disney... But so far good

7. ABVH's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Gorgeous style over substance

8. tezuka's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

The production and all its visuals are such a sight to marvel upon. But the winning factor for me here was Lea Seydoux's breathtaking beauty

9. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

10. Quesera,sera's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

it was lea seydoux's beauty here to die for. one that amazed me is only belle and her costumes. this classic story was really pictured in french way

11. Ingrid Aldama's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Vincent Cassel made this film for me.It does have some great scenery and special effects. Specially, beautiful costumes.

12. Elayla's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

I really like the fact that they made a film adaptation of a fairy tale closer to the original. Plus, the settings and the costumes were amazing, just as sumptuous as I imagined them when reading the story as a child.

13. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

just imagine Bella s situation, she is in love with a beast, and then his human figure is Vincent Cassel. Lol

14. msmichel's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

A triumph of art direction, sets , and visual marvel but an unneeded take on a oft told tale. Gans is a very visual director and he doesn't disappoint technically but the film seems to lack a sense of romantic passion unlike the Cocteau classic or even the more modern Disney telling. Sagnier makes a pretty Belle but Cassell seems to have no bite as the Beast. Early visuals reminded one of 'Legend'.

15. Rafael Ramz III's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Grandiosa version de La Belle Y La Bestia, practicamente un remake de La belle et la bête de Jean Cocteu no de la version de Disney.

16. Log Lady's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Visually absolutely stunning and magical. Doesn't fall short of Cocteau's vision in those terms. Unfortunately, the added elements of this version become increasingly ridiculous towards the end (why the stone giants?), and the back story together with the subplots distract from the development between Belle and the Beast. A less convoluted adaptation would benefit the story more.

17. VENIMOS LOS JODIMOS Y NOS FUIMOS's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Aunque esta nueva adaptación del relato clásico de Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont confirma nuevamente la habilidad artesanal del realizador Christophe Gans y su sentido del espectáculo, su visionado termina dejando la sensación de que lo que le sobra de esplendor visual a la cinta, le falta de consistencia a todo el asunto. A pesar de sus fallas, se trata de un trabajo interesante y razonablemente entretenido.

18. Simone Arcangeli's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Una rivisitazione ben fatta, che non pretende e non tenta di essere paragonato o accostato alla classica favola,ma piuttosto di ripercorrerla in chiave moderna, un semplice tributo, ambientazione e fotografia azzeccatissime, dal cupo più intenso della scoperta della bestia, ai colori più accesi nel momento della dichiarazione d'amore. Avrei evitato la scena dei giganti, ma nonostante tutto è consigliabile.

19. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

awful cast, but great pictures, costumes, story; rather good entertainment