1. Jackson Staninger's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

The definitive version of this classic tale. The term "Movie Magic" brings on a whole new meaning with this movie.

2. Peter Tran's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

3. Lex Lucas's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

The creation of such a fairy world is marvelous.

4. EdieEmm's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Cocteau builds up these worlds in the threshold... the indefinite spaces between life & death (Orpheus); the liminal spaces where disbelief is suspended; the enchanted, magical spaces, reachable only by flights of fancy... Rare & ephemeral & delicate worlds that make us hold our breath, to not disturb them. That's our contribution: Wide eyes & light heads! A fair trade for that sort of wonder... A true delight. 3.75

5. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

6. cyrildruesne's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

C'est quand même autre chose que Disney…

7. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

ad essere moooooolto generosi

8. Ethan's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

This film is nothing short of magical. Cocteau was a true poet of the cinema and with the great team he put together to make this film it is a true wonder to behold with dazzling special effects and great spirit.

9. ermete polpette's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

10. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

I love Beauty and the Beast (1991) and having never seen this version I was curious to see how it compared to the animated classic! I loved the gothic imagery and design of the castle. This is a beautiful looking film and I was really impressed by the cinematography. I also love the look and design of the Beast! However for some reason I just couldn't get into this movie. Maybe I need to give this film another chance

11. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Shout out to Dr. Sidle, my 7th grade social studies and world cinema teacher who first exposed me to French cinema. It had very little affect on me at the time, but I was surprised by how much of it I remembered. When people call movies magic, this is what they mean.

12. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

13. Odradek's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Cinema at its best. Pure beauty!

14. AVA's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Wunderbare vergangene Filmkunst.

15. Renton47's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Viewed with a live accompaniment of the Philip Glass orchestra. Endlessly inventive, overwhelmingly silly, cinema of lightness. A precursor for Stockholm Syndrome and masochist narratives (la bete always seeking some verbal humiliation), Cocteau is up-front about wanting us to overlook some logic leaps, which requires extreme generosity on the audience's part...

16. Chris's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

definitely more unsettling in live-action, but surprisingly well-done effects and nice imagery, 9/10

17. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

"There are men far worse than you." are you sure? because.......he DID kind of just take you hostage in his magic pervert fortress after promising to kill your dad for no real reason

18. jonijtr's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

With Cocteau masterful direction, it seems that magic was actually real

19. marco's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

20. B o g d a n's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

8/10 pentru ultimele replici, 2.9 cu totul

21. LASHLEY's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

human statues and flowing fabric. melodramatic gasps and highly strung emotions. perfect

22. Jørgen Lien's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

23. themroc's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

Charming fairy tale. Sumptuous design and art direction. A celebration of magic and myth.

24. Kelley Dong's rating of the film Beauty and the Beast

surprisingly intense and complicated! really sparkly! it ends on kind of an odd note.

← Previous 1 3 4 5