1. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Becket

Burton and O'Toole having a great time in their respective roles, but the action was slow to build and even slower to deliver.

2. ammar's rating of the film Becket

3. naokoken's rating of the film Becket

Peter O'Toole has so many great lines in this movie. "I am surrounded by fools. Beckett is the only intelligent man in my kingdom and he is against me." Richard Burton too with "I am afraid we most only do absurdly what it has been given to us to do right to the end." Really amazed. A movie I will watch again several times.

4. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film Becket

Camp delight! Often "too much" of something, but the hits hit wonderfully.

5. Padiddle's rating of the film Becket

An enjoyable costume drama that suffers from some minor issues. O'Toole is fantastic as always and Burton puts in a fine performance as well. I also thought the music and pacing were good. The rest of the cast I didn't find to compelling and I wasn't too keen on the cinematography overall (although there are some great shots here and there).

6. David R Williams's rating of the film Becket

Peter O'Toole chews the scenery like a rabid dog (that's not a bad thing) and Richard Burton is of course Richard Burton (that's a very very good thing). Thomas a Becket: England is a ship. The king is captain of the ship. King Henry II: That's neat. I like that.

7. Myles's rating of the film Becket

I'm really a sucker for these stories of thrones and blood and privy chamber intrigue. We get some ham-handed dialogue and some serious histrionics, but it's worth watching and often funny. Plus, as far as 60s epics go, it's way more homoerotic than Lion in Winter or Man for All Seasons. From their dynamic, my suspicion is that Henry was the one used to getting stabbed (by Becket's throbbing, holier-than-thou sword.)

8. Kyle Knapp's rating of the film Becket

Over three or four viewings in the last decade I've gone from finding this mediocre to ridiculous but fun to near-brilliant. Burton's performance is lame and soporific and all the prating on about honor is, well, dumb, but O'Toole is the real protagonist of this story and he is *so* *damned* *entertaining*. Fun to compare this to his wiser, colder Henry II in Lion in Winter. The design elements are all wonderful.

9. Ben Loory's rating of the film Becket

It's a plodding and mostly laughable movie but Peter O'Toole is (as always) a joy to watch. Who the hell talks like that? Just barkin' everything out there. So crazy; I love it! Did he do that all the time? Would love to have a friend who talked like that.

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Becket

It's not good to be King. Especially this one, who is a lonely man. "Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies." It's not good to fall in love with a someone who feels no love. You end up acting like a petulant 5 year old child.

11. SuzyViolence's rating of the film Becket

Adorable bromance cuts through space and time.

12. Federico Boswarlos's rating of the film Becket

4.5. Extra half star for Peter O'Toole's tremendous scene chewing tour de force and John Gielgud's delightful Louis.

13. Feng Ling's rating of the film Becket

an interesting tale of friendship, domination, belonging, and power. too bad much of the drama is based on Becket began as a 2nd class citizen (saxon) which the original author realized untrue soon after finish writing.

14. Chris's rating of the film Becket

not nearly as gay as i thought it would be after reading reviews (and im saying this as a gay male) but i didn't let my disappointment ruin my enjoyment (((also richard burton was really hot))) 9/10

15. El Biffo's rating of the film Becket

Long before Brokeback Mountain, there was this film, BECKET, probably the best gay love story ever to come out of mid-century Hollywood. O'Toole and Burton are perfect.

16. sigit pre's rating of the film Becket

17. Dibyajyoti Sarma's rating of the film Becket

Peter O'Toole shows what great acting is like. Mesmerizing...

18. Knut Morte's rating of the film Becket

19. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Becket

20. R. M. Silva's rating of the film Becket

21. lauli's rating of the film Becket

O'Toole's great in it.

22. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Becket

One of the silliest films I've ever seen, very deserving of a good RiffTrax.

23. Nosada's rating of the film Becket

Profoundly entertaining.

24. Roscoe's rating of the film Becket

Absolutely deadly. There's some good sharp fun with O'Toole and Burton, but it all too often just lies there onscreen. Cinematically a big dead corpse, rotting away. Anthony Harvey's film of LION IN WINTER is far tastier.