1. salttt's rating of the film Becoming Jane

2. Linn's rating of the film Becoming Jane

Moving portrait of Jane Austen that certainly is not very faithful to the little that is known about this wonderful author. The inspiration then arguably comes from Austen's novels, and the notion that a writer of her caliber must have had romantic experiences of her own. McAvoy and Hathaway harmonize well and as often in British costume dramas, the landscapes and houses are backdrop to some beautiful scenes. Solid.

3. film's rating of the film Becoming Jane

A wonderful love story. And it s a true story.

4. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Becoming Jane

5. Minna's rating of the film Becoming Jane

Ok *know* this film isn't great, I really do, but I am ridiculous/sentimental/in love with James McAvoy

6. vordven's rating of the film Becoming Jane

7. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film Becoming Jane

8. magali de lepeleere's rating of the film Becoming Jane

9. nvtsrmr's rating of the film Becoming Jane

Anne Hathaway is not a British, neither am I. So I shouldn't judge her accent cos I don't know exactly whether it's good or not. But I can tell, it is.

10. shannon roulet's rating of the film Becoming Jane

anne hathaway ruins another movie.

11. Michelle Martinez's rating of the film Becoming Jane

Jane Austen the creator of all the love stories that many women would later wish for, meets someone that she falls for. Whether she was protecting her own heart of the possible outcomes, or if it was her doubts, she lets him go. Pushes him away. Living a life of solitude, and forever heart-broken.

12. isabelka's rating of the film Becoming Jane

Wow Jane Austen is boring. I don't care about how she got that boring.

13. nowhere_fast's rating of the film Becoming Jane

14. Wagner Luis Galiardo's rating of the film Becoming Jane

Jane Austen deus seja louvado por ter criado você ♥

15. Terah's rating of the film Becoming Jane

I did not dislike this movie but I was -almost- surprised that by the end of the movie I had no particular urge to read Jane Austen's novels. It stood out more in a independent early feminist way than as the story of a writer, which isn't bad in itself, but maybe it could have done both?