1. FISCHER's rating of the film Bed and Board

>>> Film "truffalien" par excellence, sympathique, mais qu'on oublie bien vite... www.cinefiches.com

2. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Bed and Board

I'm not sure if Truffaut sold out to charm or if it's truly heartening that Antoine Doinel's painful childhood gave way to a gently comic adulthood. Naturally, Antoine still makes poor choices. This is Truffaut in fine form, examining new marriage while juggling a supporting cast in a courtyard that would make Renoir proud. Godard couldn't be this warm even if you threatened to burn his copy of the Little Red Book.

3. Laura Vasile's rating of the film Bed and Board

4. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Bed and Board

As light as a Soufflé and twice as tasty. One of my favourites.

5. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Bed and Board

(...) Vergleichen wir den ersten Antoine Film mit diesem, wird deutlich, wie sehr sich Truffaut als Filmemacher wandelte. Er hat sich zu einem der freundlichsten und kultiviertesten Autoren entwickelt und die Antoine Reihe zu einer Art Autobiographie ausgebaut (wiederum neun Jahre später sollte er die Serie vollenden). Sie resultiert nicht aus Truffauts Leben, aber aus seiner Kunst (...)

6. Antonio Petre's rating of the film Bed and Board

3-4 (Antoine parca incepe sa inteleaga)

7. Ethan's rating of the film Bed and Board

This is the most playful of the Antoine Doinel series. Claude Jade, I'd lay her badly but I'd lay her gladly.

8. daftnymph's rating of the film Bed and Board

so many dull moments in this film, and yet so many brilliant ones as well: christine after giving birth, asks antoine to leave her by herself - reveling alone in her achievement, rejecting his lukewarm paternal efforts. antoine sees christine off in a cab, musing "you're my little sister, my daughter, my mother"

9. ninchok's rating of the film Bed and Board

10. hazal ilbay's rating of the film Bed and Board

Charmant! I can easily imagine myself going through what has happened in this film in the next few years haha! Such a sweet and witty man Truffaut was! // Je peux facilement imaginer que tout ce qui c'est passé dans ce film va m'arriver un jour haha mais ça change pas que c'est un très bon film qui montre beaucoup de la vie conjugale dans une manière très très intelligente! Chapeau Truffaut!

11. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Bed and Board

12. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Bed and Board

13. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Bed and Board

Though I view it as the weakest film in the series thus far, Antoine Doinel is too engaging for it to matter all that much. The best parts are the earlier sequence that has a lot of fun with visual space and the surreal moment that I won't dare spoil. The numerous references to other films are thankfully kept at a severe minimum so as to make them only lightly enjoyable nuggets. In all, a worthy successor.

14. Strauhs's rating of the film Bed and Board

Usually I don't like movies with a cheating lead character, but this one is an exception, absolutely charming exception!

15. Arf's rating of the film Bed and Board

Antoinie Doinel sta diventando il mio personaggio preferito in assoluto

16. Dombl's rating of the film Bed and Board

I really like the scene, in which Antoine mimes brushing his teeth to make Christine understand that he needs a new toothpaste. Or also a funny scene where he climbs up the wine boxes, and enters the café through the window to answer the phone. So many tiny moments, which make you laugh so much"

17. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Bed and Board

Escenas y líneas maravillosas en esta secuela de Doniel. Las flores que revelan la infidelidad, la esposa vestida de kimono, el encuentro con Mr. Hulot, visita al baño o al Himalaya. Truffaut se las ingenia para realizar una serie de sucesos anecdóticos y a sus épicos. La relación de esta pareja está destinada a la buena química (por ahora). Truffaut además toma este espacio para citar una variada lista de directores

18. Dalibor's rating of the film Bed and Board

Amazingly simple plot can't be a subject of criticism here, as Truffaut is exploring an amazingly simple everyday lives of young married couples. And doing a nice job of satirizing it. Not as sublime as one would like, but with couple of interesting ideas.

19. El Biffo's rating of the film Bed and Board

No, it's not "400 Blows", but nothing else is. Nonetheless, essential viewing if you love Antoine Doinel. Collect 'em all.

20. Chelsea Richards's rating of the film Bed and Board

I just tried to watch this, and it was so chaotic that it gave me a headache and I had to shut it off.

21. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Bed and Board

As my first foray into Truffaut's work, I was pleased to have enjoyed the light humor woven into "Bed and Board" as well as the more dramatic turns that brought the film alive with moments that had Antoine and Christine's relationship on the rocks, including an affair with an unusual Japanese woman. This film is an independent cinephile's dream, as it explores common topics from unique perspectives. Worth the watch.

22. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Bed and Board

Not as good as STOLEN KISSES or 400 BLOWS but a very charming Doinel film. Makers of romantic comedies today should be forced to study Truffaut films like this.

23. charles f stewart's rating of the film Bed and Board

More fun than its predecessor, a very dour look at Antoine Doniel in his marriage. It's making the series worth it.

24. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Bed and Board