1. dave gunn's rating of the film Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo

Soft-spoken narrations romanticizing nature and insects' importance to Japanese culture are punctuated by, perhaps juxtaposed with, scenes of how modern Japanese people celebrate insects: through destructive, exploitative consumerism.

2. SUNGFILMS's rating of the film Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo

3. bencor's rating of the film Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo

pass the 50 proof hornet sake this way.

4. El Biffo's rating of the film Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo

These bugs are SO cute! If you like bugs you will love this beautiful film. In Japan, they love bugs so much, if you sell enough bugs, you can buy a Ferrari, like the young entrepreneur in the film. But maybe that is only in Japan. I never heard of anyone turning bugs into a Ferrari in USA. Except maybe the guy who invented the "Ant Farm".

5. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo

The philosophical and historical narration was the most intriguing aspect of this documentary. The repeated close ups of insects unfortunately made my skin crawl, though it was hard to look away from something so bizarre.

6. roshaw7's rating of the film Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo

Redefined my opinion of our insect friends

7. Fredi :)'s rating of the film Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo

Carefully look at nature . . . including insects . . . it's actually a way of life.

8. james's rating of the film Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo

I really liked this movie. Very unique, very playful. Easy to watch to the side while I work on something on my main monitor.

9. isabel rojas's rating of the film Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo

I would love to watch this film !!!

10. Yuri La's rating of the film Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo

I absolutely suggest to see Yves Scagliola's "The Beast Within" (2007) for some consideration/insights about a human "culture" concerning here animals treatments. A different approach from Oreck's film but necessary to grasp the essence of these sub-(and mass..) culture.

11. farfromthesilverscreen's rating of the film Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo

a simple and beautiful illustration of one small aspect of Japanese culture

12. EGGSALAD's rating of the film Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo

interesting, poetic and visually stunning!

13. Zac Zellers's rating of the film Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo

Very interesting- factually and philosophically. One of the best parts about the movie is how the director used visuals of mundane Japanese life and juxtaposed them with visuals of insect life. A documentary that is as rewarding with information as it is with artistic direction. Really good!