1. linuskendall's rating of the film Before Sunrise

There's something about these films becoming some sort of defining movie for people my age which I never understood.

2. jooley's rating of the film Before Sunrise

Sweet and genuine, moving but never schmaltzy, with extensive dialogue that miraculously never has you glancing at your watch(by now a Linklater trademark). While I look forward to seeing the extra value the rest of the trilogy will add, it definitely stands on its own two feet.

3. gld48's rating of the film Before Sunrise

4. A47's rating of the film Before Sunrise

Hopelessly romantic.

5. sonja's rating of the film Before Sunrise

6. baba lola's rating of the film Before Sunrise

In retrospect it's a 3.5. When I first saw it it was a 5.

7. GomesMarcos's rating of the film Before Sunrise

All love stories can become a piece of garbage when transformed in a motion picture, particularly the fictional ones. This movie is definitely not the case. Very well written and directed, it makes us wish we had experienced something like that. But that's a great way to picture love, something unpredictable that makes you do something you wouldn't expect to do!

8. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Before Sunrise

More like 2.8 out of 5. I really liked the premise and the beginning, but the second act got quite repetitive and their conversations got a bit overwhelming. There was also a voyeuristic quality to watching this relationship happen that was a bit weird. I expected to be in Hawke's shoes and the way it's portrayed I felt a bit like a Peeping Tom. In that way, it's the best third wheel movie ever made.

9. sputnixed's rating of the film Before Sunrise

"Actually, I think I had decided I wanted to sleep with you when we got off the train. But now that we've talked so much, I don't know anymore."

10. Empire's rating of the film Before Sunrise

The acting by the two leads is simply terrible. The dialogue are beyond terrible, who the heck unfolds philosophical life opinions the whole night? The two character are really annoying, I wouldn't like them as friends. Boring and simply bad. Why is this movie rated so high?

11. Mary in the Sky with Movies's rating of the film Before Sunrise

What a movie! You know, somewhere along the line I lost my faith in romantic movies... but this movie!! good god! Thank you Linklater, thank you

12. fardian's rating of the film Before Sunrise

into this endless conversation.

13. Jorge's rating of the film Before Sunrise

14. courtneylesueur's rating of the film Before Sunrise

15. João Linklater's rating of the film Before Sunrise

16. mikejurjen's rating of the film Before Sunrise

Realistic dialogues and good spontaneous acting. Sometimes the story is a bit too "romantically perfect", harming the realistic atmosphere.

17. Ingrid Aldama's rating of the film Before Sunrise

A great and solid beginning for a great and solid trilogy.

18. João Rocha's rating of the film Before Sunrise

When you try to do something like this you need to have a really good script full of dialogues well engaged. This is the case: a good non-cliche love story in well directed movie with an accurate casting.

19. Anthony Christian Goodman's rating of the film Before Sunrise

cinematography + (appropriate for story), premise +++

20. ugurkalay's rating of the film Before Sunrise

Best romantic movie i've ever seen..

21. dakotah's rating of the film Before Sunrise

22. bartkl's rating of the film Before Sunrise

Before Sunrise has captured the spirit of the perfect first date -given you are a philosophical slacker- without losing credibility. No person but Linklater could have done this, him being the true slacker representative who's capable of devising such authentic and interesting philosophical dialogues. I had an intense experience watching this, as if it were part of my own life. It is the ultimate slacker-romance.

23. Noah Lethbridge's rating of the film Before Sunrise

I liked this a lot. I'm glad I waited until 2014 to see it.

24. DaisyJ's rating of the film Before Sunrise

Two people randomly met and had a deep connection on a train ride. This won't happen these days, sadly. Still, my kind of date, though.