1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Before the Rain

The structure of Before the Rain is more impressive than anything — revealing the cyclical nature of violence, how our conceptions of time and place become blurred when we are faced with brutality. There's a restaurant shooting scene that is one of the most horrifying moments I've ever seen on screen.

2. matelot's rating of the film Before the Rain

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Before the Rain

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Before the Rain

Très beau premier film qui constitue un bouleversant témoignage sur l'horreur des conflits ethniques... www.cinefiches.com

5. Polyglot's rating of the film Before the Rain

Why Grégoire Colin isn't a worldwide star?

6. Aardsy's rating of the film Before the Rain

It pains itself to be meaningful but falls quite short.

7. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Before the Rain

A connection of three different tales intersecting and overlapping each other, causing ripples in each other’s stories and lives. A decent moral film.

8. ammar's rating of the film Before the Rain

9. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Before the Rain

Great photography, but still a bit too all over the place for me to get engaged. I like the spine of the individual segments, but not much else.

10. SpacePirate's rating of the film Before the Rain

11. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Before the Rain

I have watched this movie because of its cinematographer manuel teran ... but I didnt like cinematography because some of scenes my expectations were different , for example in landscapes ,restaurant, birth of baby sheep scenes... there were so many close up shootings and it was boring for me , All of non professional actors were playing succesfully. But usage of camera bothered me . it is worth to watch.

12. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Before the Rain

These wars, so sick. This movie, so brilliant.

13. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film Before the Rain

It's a shame that this film is so heavy-handed - and the London sequence so clumsy - because 'Before the Rain' could easily be the classic that some seem to think it is.

14. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film Before the Rain

How can people fight over those grimy agricultural huts when you have that beautiful landscape to behold... Don't know the answer to that, and I am from the Balkans...

15. Penelope q's rating of the film Before the Rain

Powerfull depiction of a war so close to us. Brother agains brother.

16. vea's rating of the film Before the Rain

17. Superfrog's rating of the film Before the Rain

Beautiful images for an endless story of desperation. Worth a watch, shame MUBI could not get better quality stock to show, this deserves better.

18. raggiodisole's rating of the film Before the Rain

We learn that bitter fruit is being picked and willingly consumed. But we are none the wiser. Good in places, but the bleak message is unclear.

19. Zepo's rating of the film Before the Rain

20. svenrufus's rating of the film Before the Rain

Patchy. Some parts are quite compelling and promise something that other parts of the film fail to deliver. The English section is specially weak, both in story and delivery. I'm also not convinced by the conceit of the aberrant time structure to this - the circularity of events portrayed isn't confusing, it's just not up to making the point it hopes to. Good enough, but let down by it's sporadic weaknesses

21. GreenROCK's rating of the film Before the Rain

A film with strong messages. Who would not agree? But how about originality and authenticity?

22. anwoody's rating of the film Before the Rain

A bit far-fetched. The scene in the restaurant is rather ridiculous. Some of this really didn't make sense (the photos of the monk and the dead girl).

23. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Before the Rain

Una película sobre los choques étnicos, el gesto humanitario de personas que van a contracorriente de sus circuitos sociales. "Antes de la lluvia" frente a esto provoca una dramática forzada, partiendo además de analogía sobre cómo el tiempo es tan cíclico como la historia de la violencia.

24. berf's rating of the film Before the Rain

''War is exceptional.'' I don't think so.