1. Jason's rating of the film Beggars of Life

Wallace Beery (who is absolutely marvelous here) received top billing per the state of the food chain at the time, but of course the vast majority of us now come to BEGGARS OF LIFE for Louise Brooks. How could we not? She is my favourite person in the history of mankind second only to Jeanne d'Arc. She is the human incarnation of sublimity. I watch in bewildered awe. Incidentally: this is a very fine motion picture.

2. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Beggars of Life

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Beggars of Life

Emouvant et sympathique road-movie, écrasé par l'imposant Wallace Beery et la délicate et androgyne Louise Brooks, pour un grand bonheur cinématographique... www.cinefiches.com

4. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Beggars of Life

"'We are SMART cinephiles!'" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/12/episode-82-cinema-masters-vol-xi.html

5. El Biffo's rating of the film Beggars of Life

Superb! Starring Louise Brooks, who didn't make it in talkies, and featuring Wallace Beery, who did. I'm still not really OK with talkies, and color is just tacky. Art photography is usually in Black and White, and films mostly look better that way, too. Restored by George Eastman Museum 2017.

6. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Beggars of Life

Underrated picaresque film that reminds me of Sans Famille. Adapted from autobiographical rail-riding hobo novel.

7. chanandre's rating of the film Beggars of Life

[Cinémathèque PT #421: 35 mm] (2006)