1. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Beginners

2. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Beginners

3. ryan brennan's rating of the film Beginners

Mills refrains from conventional narrative and plot structure cliches that often burden the genre. Mills leverages montage to bring to life his meditation on memory - the use of historical mementos and images generates a natural and affecting feeling of sentimentality that evades many filmmakers. How do certain moments in life, and in history, shape us as people? How will we remember these moments. How will others?

4. Amanda Violetto's rating of the film Beginners

first 1/4th was so so good....melanie laurent <3...the best scenes were between oliver & his mom

5. sabrinahrhp's rating of the film Beginners

6. LaliMB's rating of the film Beginners

7. Patrícia Nunes's rating of the film Beginners

- 'Why did you leave everyone? Why did you let me go?' - 'Maybe because I don't really believe it's going to work. Then I make sure it doesn't work.'

8. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Beginners

With "Beginners" Mike Mills creates an oddly endearing and personal film that feels uniquely fresh. Mills style here is strangely reminiscent of the cinema of the French New Wave. Both Ewan McGregor and Melanie Laurent are good in the film, but the real star is Christopher Plummer who delivers a soul crushing performance. This is a beautiful film and I can't wait to see what Mike Mills does next!

9. truffraud's rating of the film Beginners

an enchanting little number

10. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film Beginners

Charmingly somber is the best way i can describe this movie. Loved the montages and how Mills used small snapshots of their lives to tell their story without drawn out exposition or unnecessary dialogue. The acting seemed flat to me which bogged down my interest a tad and there were several scenes and interactions between characters that just didn't need to be there. Solid overall.

11. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film Beginners

The story, actings, relations, atmosphere were really good, but film was dumb. Don't know, it must be magnificent film but it's not. Maybe it's the editing that killed it.

12. tenonder's rating of the film Beginners

13. Nacho's rating of the film Beginners

14. Maggie's rating of the film Beginners

15. Waxamillion's rating of the film Beginners

Love this film. I find this is a beautiful way of showing and explaining love in this crazy world. Mike Mills has tapped into being able to be deeply personal while connecting with his audience and making you feel part of the story. You are there with them and you enjoy being there. Not much better than this.

16. James Mackin's rating of the film Beginners

A pretty good film about how to deal with your really old dad coming out.

17. elif jazel's rating of the film Beginners

some good points about father-son relationships, and also mother-son. liked the idea of a gay father though! makes you put yourself in the characters shoes. but the relationship between the two main characters didnt have a meaning. felt like it wasnt even necessary.

18. Mariana Branco's rating of the film Beginners

made me feel even more depressed all day long.

19. INZER's rating of the film Beginners

20. Artem Eihart's rating of the film Beginners

Mélanie Laurent is gorgeous. Otherwise - typical Gondry-ish boredom.

21. Febrasaka Madindari's rating of the film Beginners

Something about knowledge, further more.

22. adina's rating of the film Beginners

cried throughout 95% of this one

23. Kyra W's rating of the film Beginners

All the pieces came together beautifully, the art work holding together the two stories and supporting the almost flawless script. A new favorite, for sure.

24. julia.s's rating of the film Beginners

MMMMHHMHHHH this movie made me laugh and cry and it was beautiful i? enjoyed it? or maybe i was just feeling very sappy and i decided to watch it at the right moment. who knows