1. Human Form's rating of the film Being There

This movie is retarded just like its main character.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Being There

Uniquement pour Peter Sellers... www.cinefiches.com

3. Salma Dahab's rating of the film Being There

4. DenoResandono's rating of the film Being There

One of the best movie I've ever seen. BEING THERE is sweet, heart-warming, and well-written. Peter Sellers gives an extraordinary performance as Mr. Chance. I can't think any other actors who could play him as great as Mr. Sellers in this movie. Melvyn Douglas and Shirley Maclaine also did a stellar work in this movie. I was - kinda amazed with its storytelling. It's just simply BEAUTIFUL. BEING THERE is a cinema gem

5. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Being There

The one and single only film which perfectionistic Mr. Sellers approved of (he directed, produced and scripted also). It is easily his most masterful performance as a dimwit who always says the correct things by coincidence and keeps proceeding up sociopolitical ladders with the irony that he will never understand any significance whatsoever. There are a lot of elements in this which will always be relevant.

6. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Being There

I guess I'm supposed to be charmed and amused by Peter Sellers acting like a bumbling idiot for two hours, spewing the most optimistic vague bullshit and social commentary so inoffensive and paper thin that it can be used by almost anybody. Both Being There and Hal Ashby don't say anything, but that's why people find them interesting. It is the Forest Gump of the New Hollywood. But hey, that last shot was nice!

7. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Being There

Regardless of how varying the interpretations may be, I have trouble when a film ventures 2 advance by way of allegory alone. The intention of each scene is essentially the same: Chance draws another character toward some kind of emotional &/or political clarity, however delusional. Such situational repetition quickly becomes tedious. Admittedly, this seems 2 be a problem w/ the source material; I'm no Kosiński fan.

8. Ethan's rating of the film Being There

Peter Sellers gives the performance of his career in this extraordinary film from the very underrated Hal Ashby who delivered an excellent film about the impact of television and fame that is even more relevant now than it was when it was first released.

9. petit astronaute's rating of the film Being There

10. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Being There

11. Lutka's rating of the film Being There

12. vizija's rating of the film Being There

13. Diogo Pires's rating of the film Being There

«There are 2 films here. One is melancholic fable about a man coming to understand death and another who is trying embrace his own inevitable one. The second is a satire of the media and the politics of 1970 America»

14. James Mackin's rating of the film Being There

The 'Also sprach Zarathustra' pop scene is an amazing homage, and a dancing tune for the ages. And this movie is also incredibly funny, and stupid in a kind of heartwarming way.

15. Ramzi's rating of the film Being There

Marvellous film that's just short of brilliance.

16. Eda's rating of the film Being There

Life is a state of mind.

17. truffraud's rating of the film Being There

this is how you put together an ensemble cast. this is how you produce a memorable story. (updated on letterboxd)

18. First Lady Dré's rating of the film Being There

on par with the book but easier to get hold of

19. fearraigh's rating of the film Being There

I like to watch. Brilliant. Oddly, it seems to make even more sense 37 years on than it did back then.

20. ceknklsn's rating of the film Being There

21. JCPJD's rating of the film Being There

I love it when a film - disguising itself as a comedy - reaches further than is expected to deliver a timeless philosophical message. A rare story that rewards the qualities of goodness and kindness without being mawkish. I loved the final shot - just weird enough to elevate the story to even greater heights. A great performance from Sellers - who I often find too much.

22. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Being There

I feel like this guy is most politicians

23. SpacePirate's rating of the film Being There

An excellent and truly unique film. Douglas and Sellers work so well off each other. Essential viewing

24. Aardsy's rating of the film Being There

Odd/clever. Did Shirley MacLaine masturbate on a bear rug?

← Previous 1 3 4