1. SpacePirate's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

Average film that I hoped would be better than it was. Stewart feels miscast, Lemmon is given very little to work with and is mostly wasted, and Novak is just not a great actress. Found myself staring at her odd eyebrows more than anything. The story itself reminds of Bewitched in a way. I Married A Witch from the 40s is much superior to this by the numbers late 50s "sophisticated comedy". 3 stars, barely.

2. Aardsy's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

The further misadventures of Carlotta Valdez.

3. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

Yes, quite a bit here does not work - Stewart is miscast, and there are moments of anger and humor, coupled with a distinct lack of charm, for a tone that never gives you any firm footing. Yet I just felt there was something haunting about it all - like love, it leaves you guessing. James Wong Howe's underrated color cinematography adds to the mystery.

4. Blumes's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

Relaxing studio fare with some superb casting

5. miles's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

lovely colour + novak <3

6. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

Novak and Stewart. Reunited and it feels so good. Throw in a little Jack Lemmon and you have a nice little comedy.

7. Thomas's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

Handsome film with a 'must see' turn from Jack Lemmon playing the bongos(!)

8. Deiner's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

The moment Kim Novak started humming that song while she was holding that cat I felt bewitched. I suppose that can be called great casting, not only because of the alluring Miss Novak, but also because of Jack Lemmon and Elsa Lanchester and James Stewart, who I consider one of my favorite actors now.

9. classicallycara's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

10. yasdnil's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

Cute movie, and you KNOW Kim Novak makes you want to be a witch.

11. Esa Laukkanen's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

12. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

5/10, my review: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2014/04/21/bellbookandcandle1958/

13. Terri Wise's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

I just don't love Kim Novak.

14. L.F.G.'s rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

15. Frankly, Mr. Shankly's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

16. chanandre's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

that still my oh my. now it's the fad on tumblr and facebook to post pics with good-looking women and their cats. this film started the fad.

17. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

It is amazing how well this film holds up. Maybe because most of the cast are playing misfits with magical powers, it has a little vicarious thrill. Granted, their powers are not really super, merely mischievous, but that works too. On another note, Richard Quine needs rediscovery. If people know Blake Edwards, they should know Quine. They have a similar sensibility.

18. NiteFlight9's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

I wanted to inhabit the world that these characters were living in.

19. dex's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

This witch remembers me Nicole Kidman in "Practical Magic". Kim Novak perform how a lady with no particular physical attraction can use only his face look to seduce a man. This movie should be showed to all young girls that think that if you don't have money or tits no boy would see you

20. Arisa's rating of the film Bell, Book And Candle

Kim Novak makes a splendid witch!