1. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Belleville Baby

It is a bit long for it's form, which is a better fit with the short film or subject, but grows into a beautiful thing in the end.

2. ruthlornaadele's rating of the film Belleville Baby

this film kept creeping back into my thoughts for days afterwards. ignoring the cheesy coastal harbour montage and its 5 stars.

3. Safety's rating of the film Belleville Baby

Biologists state that creatures are perfectly adapted to habitat and even quite subtle changes to it can affect their chances of survival. Maybe love is a confounding factor capable of altering an environment and making it no longer suitable; when once you were so attuned, it becomes dangerous for you. You can enter another world, swim under water, immerse yourself. But you cannot live there. It is not your world.

4. Superfrog's rating of the film Belleville Baby

Film that shows that less is more. Showing where I grew up is always a plus.

5. DrFirestone's rating of the film Belleville Baby

Interesting idea and execution. A nostalgic journey. It very much feels like someone trying to bring back memories, moments from time long gone. Definitely it's not for "everyone", but if you like experiences mentioned above, then go ahead and watch Belleville Baby!

6. klofter's rating of the film Belleville Baby

What might seem like self-indulgent bullshit at first turns out to be quite a poignant bit of filmmaking. The TMI approach here is, thankfully, just a starting off point that leads us to meditations on, among other things, memory, class relations, the nature of film making, and, yes, love and if we can ever recapture a specific moment in time. It's personal, emotional but above all brutally honest, and thus relatable

7. llamil's rating of the film Belleville Baby

Si ves a Marker, tal vez Marker te sonría.

8. raggiodisole's rating of the film Belleville Baby

maybe its the cynic in me, but is this real? No matter really, there is much to appreciate for the emotional archaeologist. The darker side of what it means to be a documentary maker

9. Louise Henderson's rating of the film Belleville Baby

I found this a bit disappointing. Maybe it was the translation, but I found the dialogue very cliched. Lines like 'I thought "now my life begins' and it did' are pure cheese. The phone conversations are very unrealistic. The most interesting bit was a very short sequence about the main characters' grandmother. I would have much preferred to see a documentary about her.

10. Andrea Caruso's rating of the film Belleville Baby

It's one of the best documentaries I've seen. A voyage inside her memories. It really feels like a diary. In terms of quality of the images sometimes I felt I was watching a movie. Beautiful.

11. Ioana's rating of the film Belleville Baby

12. Olly Perrett's rating of the film Belleville Baby

A really interesting way of filming documentary but I really didn't engage with the subject. Worth a watch if only to see what can be done with documentary film making.

13. Mirkle's rating of the film Belleville Baby

A beautiful intensely personal scrapbook of a film, with grainy photographs, 'found' bits of film, music, and audio, touching on ancient questions about meaning, memory and time. It has a wistfulness about it which I associate with my favourite cinematic experiences. Brilliant.

14. Dominique Lefebvre's rating of the film Belleville Baby

Quite cool meditation on love and memory. Slow and reflective but a bit overindulgent and long. Some beautiful faded memory shots and skiw emotive moments but lacking somehow

15. lautrededor's rating of the film Belleville Baby

Engberg describes her work as "autofiction": the film being more real than her memories. Her main character didn't want his life on film, though.

16. Rugpjute's rating of the film Belleville Baby

It was the first time I left the cinema during the movie