1. Peregrine's rating of the film Bellflower

beer cars fire titties blood moustache dude

2. ionete.catalin's rating of the film Bellflower

Movies like this one make me reconsider my subscription to MUBI.

3. gautha,'s rating of the film Bellflower

First half of the film was amazingly written and compared to it the second half wanders. Nevertheless a great film and I loved the making. Definitely worth watching. Thank you Mubi.

4. Gach's rating of the film Bellflower

poor white male cuckold proves women are the worst by accidentally getting himself hit by a car.

5. worldleader's rating of the film Bellflower

It has its many weaknesses but nevertheless great movie, it works as such very well: exploring narrative and cinematic possibilities along the way, interesting and sometimes inspiring camera work, great editing, beautiful color grading. I did not give 5 stars because I’m tired of guns in movies.

6. Erjon Deniro's rating of the film Bellflower

One of my favorite movies! what Hollywood could never do, these guys did!

7. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Bellflower

8. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Bellflower

The soundtrack and that's all. I gave up midway and can only hope something horrible happened to all these irritating characters.

9. muse_x's rating of the film Bellflower

10. klofter's rating of the film Bellflower

It's largely juvenile nonsense, of course, but it's more compelling film making than most "serious" or "important" mainstream American cinema. The first half is effortlessly enjoyable, but as the film goes on the characters and their action make less and less sense. The poignant commentary on American masculinity at the end saves the film from being a failure. An interesting failure nonetheless.

11. SueRay's rating of the film Bellflower

Definitely not enough action or sex. Two stars for the flame thrower and Medusa car.

12. Shawn Spitler's rating of the film Bellflower

A fascinating first feature, albeit an over the top male power fantasy.

13. Kwoh Tidian's rating of the film Bellflower

Feeling emasculated, Young American Man? Build yourself a flamethrower or two.

14. jamesey's rating of the film Bellflower

At first I was like "what is this artsy garbage" but then the film slowly grew on me. The momentum slowly builds and builds until you can't wait to see what's happening. This is definitely a unique film.

15. Jesse Feig's rating of the film Bellflower

16. noahboahk's rating of the film Bellflower

17. Michael's rating of the film Bellflower

An imperfect movie, but an interesting one, about two guys in their 20s who haven't stopped being adolescents yet. They're trying to figure out how to do that, or whether they even want to. They're scary, infuriating characters, but you feel for them too. Sorting out the fantasy from the reality keeps the movie interesting. Shows Southern California the way it really looks as people who live there would know it.

18. Dave Corun's rating of the film Bellflower

emotionally devastating towards the end. what a film. no one tells lord humongous what to do.

19. BrianFromConcentrate's rating of the film Bellflower

Beyond stoked to see that my friends' film is the "Film Of The Day"! I worked with Coatwolf on their second feature, "Chuck Hank and the San Diego Twins" and have since become great friends with the team. You can look at a photo journal of my time working on their follow-up to "Bellflower" on my VSCO Journal here: http://fromconcentrate.vsco.co/journal

20. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Bellflower

It is bold, degrading and absolutely genius! Its always high-toned energy makes it so alarming and intelligent that we quickly realise Tarantino has finally found his competition.

21. mpho3's rating of the film Bellflower

"I will admit to being somewhat baffled by Bellflower, probably a function of being twice the age of anyone on screen or behind the camera. I think that's great. It's about time a cinema emerged that ... refuses to explain its 20-centric worldview to those now so addled by middle-aged nostalgia as to have forgotten how much it sucks to be 25." - Jeffrey Sconce, ludicdespair.blogspot.com/

22. Clayton Wong's rating of the film Bellflower

Very engrossed by the nightmarish tone of the entire thing. Characters are horribly unlikable and uninteresting though.

23. msmichel's rating of the film Bellflower

Strange mix of mumblecore, muscle cars and end of world nihilism. First 40 minutes or so actually quite sweet meet cute story though one wonders what she could possibly see in him. Second half devolves into half baked pychological claptrap with an undercurrent of coming violence. But hey when the characters revere Lord Humungous from the first Mad Max what do we expect.Good calling card for Glodell but not much more.

24. Laurentiu's rating of the film Bellflower

we can no longer pretend that the world is like in 1999 !

← Previous 1 3 4