1. Erjon Deniro's rating of the film Bellflower

One of my favorite movies! what Hollywood could never do, these guys did!

2. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Bellflower

3. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Bellflower

The soundtrack and that's all. I gave up midway and can only hope something horrible happened to all these irritating characters.

4. muse_x's rating of the film Bellflower

5. klofter's rating of the film Bellflower

It's largely juvenile nonsense, of course, but it's more compelling film making than most "serious" or "important" mainstream American cinema. The first half is effortlessly enjoyable, but as the film goes on the characters and their action make less and less sense. The poignant commentary on American masculinity at the end saves the film from being a failure. An interesting failure nonetheless.

6. SueRay's rating of the film Bellflower

Definitely not enough action or sex. Two stars for the flame thrower and Medusa car.

7. Shawn Spitler's rating of the film Bellflower

A fascinating first feature, albeit an over the top male power fantasy.

8. Kwoh Tidian's rating of the film Bellflower

Feeling emasculated, Young American Man? Build yourself a flamethrower or two.

9. jamesey's rating of the film Bellflower

At first I was like "what is this artsy garbage" but then the film slowly grew on me. The momentum slowly builds and builds until you can't wait to see what's happening. This is definitely a unique film.

10. Jesse Feig's rating of the film Bellflower

11. noahboahk's rating of the film Bellflower

12. Michael's rating of the film Bellflower

An imperfect movie, but an interesting one, about two guys in their 20s who haven't stopped being adolescents yet. They're trying to figure out how to do that, or whether they even want to. They're scary, infuriating characters, but you feel for them too. Sorting out the fantasy from the reality keeps the movie interesting. Shows Southern California the way it really looks as people who live there would know it.

13. Dave Corun's rating of the film Bellflower

emotionally devastating towards the end. what a film. no one tells lord humongous what to do.

14. BrianFromConcentrate's rating of the film Bellflower

Beyond stoked to see that my friends' film is the "Film Of The Day"! I worked with Coatwolf on their second feature, "Chuck Hank and the San Diego Twins" and have since become great friends with the team. You can look at a photo journal of my time working on their follow-up to "Bellflower" on my VSCO Journal here: http://fromconcentrate.vsco.co/journal

15. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Bellflower

It is bold, degrading and absolutely genius! Its always high-toned energy makes it so alarming and intelligent that we quickly realise Tarantino has finally found his competition.

16. mpho3's rating of the film Bellflower

"I will admit to being somewhat baffled by Bellflower, probably a function of being twice the age of anyone on screen or behind the camera. I think that's great. It's about time a cinema emerged that ... refuses to explain its 20-centric worldview to those now so addled by middle-aged nostalgia as to have forgotten how much it sucks to be 25." - Jeffrey Sconce, ludicdespair.blogspot.com/

17. Clayton Wong's rating of the film Bellflower

Very engrossed by the nightmarish tone of the entire thing. Characters are horribly unlikable and uninteresting though.

18. msmichel's rating of the film Bellflower

Strange mix of mumblecore, muscle cars and end of world nihilism. First 40 minutes or so actually quite sweet meet cute story though one wonders what she could possibly see in him. Second half devolves into half baked pychological claptrap with an undercurrent of coming violence. But hey when the characters revere Lord Humungous from the first Mad Max what do we expect.Good calling card for Glodell but not much more.

19. Laurentiu's rating of the film Bellflower

we can no longer pretend that the world is like in 1999 !

20. Eric Morgan's rating of the film Bellflower

Evan Glodell has created one of the better indie films I have seen in many years. It doesn't rely on tired but trusted formula to rope in his audience. He took the right risks with everything from cameras and editing to a superb cast. I'm glad I found this little Bellflower.

21. Rej Zhang's rating of the film Bellflower

actually passes as okay if read as an indie cultural critique byproduct rather than a film/cinematic story

22. bencor's rating of the film Bellflower

Historically as youngsters we chose to emulate the Nightrider. At times it seems Woodrow and Aiden should have chosen Aunty Entity or Wez instead of their exaggerated memory of The Humungus. -Nobody fucking tells Lord Humungous what to do. Lord Humungous fights when he wants to fight and fucks when he wants to fuck and when all else fails he drives straight into the fucking tanker.

23. sasgoossens's rating of the film Bellflower

24. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film Bellflower

holy shit. That was hard to watch.

← Previous 1 3 4