1. Henk Lamers's rating of the film Bellflower

Final score: 7. Storyline: 5, Originality: 7, Cinematography: 9, Involvement: 5, Sound: 6, Editing: 8, Educational: 6, Title design: 7, Acting: 7, Interesting: 9, Unusual: 9, Exciting: 7, Superior: 6

2. Montse's rating of the film Bellflower

3. Étrange's rating of the film Bellflower

The violent energy and the inventive DIY style that Glodell brings to a blood-and-guts story of broken hearts is fresh. It says something of the stretching immaturity of men that they dream of a world coming out from 1970s cinema. A movie uneven by a faulted structure and a false sensation of doom constructed at the start. Still, within its universe, an exciting attempt to review mumblecore by blowing up its rules.

4. Stijn's rating of the film Bellflower

Self written, self directed, self starring, self producing, for 17000 dollars. My utter and total respect for this guy. He's an example for upcoming talents with no or little budget. This is a film like no other.

5. Juan Javier's rating of the film Bellflower

El sueño de una juventud dorada y perdida.

6. DrFirestone's rating of the film Bellflower

I stopped watching the film at 20mins mark, then I gave it another go the other day, and... I wish I could say I'm glad I did so. The characters are unlikable, they all tell similar things - mostly mixture of nonsense and swearing, simply they are "bros". It gets slightly dark towards the end, but never venturing further than a teenage love drama. The visual style works in some parts, nice cars. That's all, I think.

7. Peregrine's rating of the film Bellflower

beer cars fire titties blood moustache dude

8. ionete.catalin's rating of the film Bellflower

Movies like this one make me reconsider my subscription to MUBI.

9. gautha,'s rating of the film Bellflower

First half of the film was amazingly written and compared to it the second half wanders. Nevertheless a great film and I loved the making. Definitely worth watching. Thank you Mubi.

10. Gach's rating of the film Bellflower

poor white male cuckold proves women are the worst by accidentally getting himself hit by a car.

11. worldleader's rating of the film Bellflower

It has its many weaknesses but nevertheless great movie, it works as such very well: exploring narrative and cinematic possibilities along the way, interesting and sometimes inspiring camera work, great editing, beautiful color grading. I did not give 5 stars because I’m tired of guns in movies.

12. Erjon Deniro's rating of the film Bellflower

One of my favorite movies! what Hollywood could never do, these guys did!

13. Erik F.'s rating of the film Bellflower

14. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Bellflower

15. LETTERBOXD.COM/XESCIE's rating of the film Bellflower

The soundtrack and that's all. I gave up midway and can only hope something horrible happened to all these irritating characters.

16. muse_x's rating of the film Bellflower

17. klofter's rating of the film Bellflower

It's largely juvenile nonsense, of course, but it's more compelling film making than most "serious" or "important" mainstream American cinema. The first half is effortlessly enjoyable, but as the film goes on the characters and their action make less and less sense. The poignant commentary on American masculinity at the end saves the film from being a failure. An interesting failure nonetheless.

18. SueRay's rating of the film Bellflower

Definitely not enough action or sex. Two stars for the flame thrower and Medusa car.

19. Shawn Spitler's rating of the film Bellflower

A fascinating first feature, albeit an over the top male power fantasy.

20. Kwoh Tidian's rating of the film Bellflower

Feeling emasculated, Young American Man? Build yourself a flamethrower or two.

21. jamesey's rating of the film Bellflower

At first I was like "what is this artsy garbage" but then the film slowly grew on me. The momentum slowly builds and builds until you can't wait to see what's happening. This is definitely a unique film.

22. Jesse Feig's rating of the film Bellflower

23. noahboahk's rating of the film Bellflower

24. Michael's rating of the film Bellflower

An imperfect movie, but an interesting one, about two guys in their 20s who haven't stopped being adolescents yet. They're trying to figure out how to do that, or whether they even want to. They're scary, infuriating characters, but you feel for them too. Sorting out the fantasy from the reality keeps the movie interesting. Shows Southern California the way it really looks as people who live there would know it.

← Previous 1 3 4