1. Matthew's rating of the film Ben-Hur

A generally 2-star movie with two sequences (slave ship and chariot race) that are entertaining enough that adding another half star is an acceptable thing to do.

2. Jacob Bearchum's rating of the film Ben-Hur

This was hot garbage, but it had a solid sequence in the middle with Ben-hur as a galley slave.

3. vordven's rating of the film Ben-Hur

4. Sinko_ThePsiho's rating of the film Ben-Hur

High quality editing and set design, but there is no basis in history. If you have already started to do big-budget movie, you have to consult with historians to be historically accurate. It's the biggest criticism of the film, otherwise acting and the rest is for 3.5.

5. jonijtr's rating of the film Ben-Hur

Most forced Jesus cameo ever

6. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Ben-Hur

The story is so forced it made me wanna puke.

7. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Ben-Hur

If you come solely for the chariot race, you will not be disappointed. The rest just kind of exists, with some sporadic moments of entertainment as the film basically exists as a modern, truncated version of the 1959 epic. While it does pleasantly tackle the pretty straight-forward and obvious themes with one and a half hours less of screentime, it does beg you to justify its existence throughout.

8. Will Thede's rating of the film Ben-Hur

Not nearly as horrible as most reviews make it out to be. Chariot race at the end is great Hollywood spectacle.

9. Eddie Rinctoya's rating of the film Ben-Hur

10. bryanvmh's rating of the film Ben-Hur

On the bright side I was happy that the purpose of the movie is to be like, "wait, maybe we shouldn't just kill the bad guy at the end and pretend that solves all the problems"

11. James Mackin's rating of the film Ben-Hur

Lot more boring than the original, despite having 1.5 hours less screentime.

12. Operation Kino's rating of the film Ben-Hur

I have not and will not see this movie. I will leave this one star anyway. :)