1. FISCHER's rating of the film Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ

Une œuvre monumentale par bien des aspects divers et variés, le démentiel nombre de figurants, le colossal investissement financier de la production, l'ampleur phénoménale de quelques séquences (l'affrontement naval, la course de chars) qui font de cet inamovible classique du muet, un époustouflant moment de cinéma. www.cinefiches.com

2. Aardsy's rating of the film Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ

Pretty damn remarkable.

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ

Even if not religious, I feel one would still love this film, given its sets, early Technicolor usage, and camerawork. The story is told slowly/methodically, which may turn off newcomers to silent cinema. I always recommend people watch silent comedy first by Lloyd, Keaton, Chaplin, etc first before delving into other silent fare. Once you're used to the art form, its hard to turn back. A beautiful film. Essential.

4. grotesc's rating of the film Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ

5. Irma Vep's rating of the film Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ

I laughed, I cried, I ogled Ramon Novarro's thighs, my jaw literally dropped and I clutched imaginary pearls during the chariot race, and everything was super gay. AMAZING

6. Terence M. Brennen's rating of the film Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ

I saw this at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, with original musical accompaniment on a 1925 Wurlitzer organ. This film is slow-paced, but that gives the audience time to take in the massive sets, sweeping action and amazing costumes. Consider a budget colossus for decades, its $3.9MM in 1925 equates to only $52.3MM in 2014 dollars.

7. Anastasia's rating of the film Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ

As I love the Hollywood Ben Hur, I am very excited to see the silent version.

8. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ

After three years as a galley slave, Judah confronts Messala and we saw that Messala more muscular than Judah. (http://www.silentfilm.org/assets/images/BenHur_720x500.jpg) Messala on the left.

9. Landen Celano's rating of the film Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ

Religious abundance aside, this film is badass! Reckless, for sure, but there is hardly anything else like it. The chariot sequence alone is a triumph of filmmaking.