1. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

Such a bizarre follow up - deeply flawed but to be commended for its sheer willpower. Starts off remaking the first one with an actor who looks like Heston but isn't. We then move on to a crazy mad ape-scientist living in an underground prison who then destroys the planet - a plot point that made it very difficult to come up with a decent scenario for the inevitable sequels.....

2. William's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

Perhaps the most outright nutty of the Apes sequels, with an underground telepathic cult who worship an atomic bomb. Very entertaining throughout, with Heston's final appearance.

3. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

The ending to this movie is perfect, and it absolutely would not happen in a modern movie.

4. jonnyboy69's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

I'm not going to say this movie is amazing or anything... but I really kind of dug how fucked up it was. Any movie that has an underground cult that worships the nuclear bomb in it is good in my books.

5. Mariana Mara Nascimento's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

6. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

7. kyeo's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

"In one of the countless billions of galaxies in the universe, lies a medium-sized star, and one of its satellites, a green and insignificant planet, is now dead."

8. Tiagojeff's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

9. Landen Celano's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

And the award for most abrupt and audacious ending goes to...

10. msmichel's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

Follow up picks up somewhat implausibly from the previous left off. Same sets but lack of new ideas sunk pic. Made a little cheaper judging by the number of substandard masks used. By the time we make it to the "mutants" one really has stopped caring. Good end though with an epic body count. Has it moments but not enough of them, the the timely political allusions just silly.

11. WILLIE's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

I love sequels that just go full out crazy. Skinless mutants and crucified apes!

12. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

Too ridiculous to be taken seriously, but so much fun! I couldn't help but imagine how impressive this film could have been if it was made 30 years later...

13. Howard Orr's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

Murky philosophising about the intractability of human evil, nuke-worshipping mutants and mind torture. Not what you would call a bundle of laughs.

14. Publius's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

I love this movie way more than I ought to. It's barely an apes film at all - it's practically the first film, with psychic mutants as the enemies instead of apes. It's more like one of those off-the-wall 1970s apocalypse movies like Glen and Randa or A Boy and his Dog than a sequel to Planet.

15. Alan Funkle's rating of the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes

series could not recover even though charleton heston was in a little bit, he should have never left. Id say skip the apes past 1 wich is terrific including the remake.