1. kinotopia's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Gunter Lamprecht is astoundingly phenomenal as Franz Biberkopf and watching his life unfold is a surreal and addictive experience. however, i absolutely could not get into Mieze (the combination of the character's ill-fitting presence and Barbara Sukowa's performance both seemed too affected and self-aware to me) and i felt like the series lost a lot of its momentum and resolve there.

2. Ethan's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

This is Fassbinder's epic and a true masterpiece of filmmaking in all its sixteen hour glory. Fassbinder perfectly captures the atmosphere of Berlin right before Hitler took power.

3. Renton47's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Berlin has a Franz problem. It ennobles and ossifies, glorifies and crucifies him. I suspect this is a Fass problem, whom it seems idolised the text's everyday banality and saw in it redemptive qualities. I can't see the same, in Fassbinder or this film, though moments of an individual crushed in (by) a city transcend. Crushing is about right, oppressive and brilliant, but in love with a horror I didn't want to see

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

While I definitely get credit for watching this monstrosity, I cannot tell you a single thing about it. I rented all 17 parts, and just sat there. When I was in Berlin I went to Berlin Alexanderplatz station. So I definitely get credit for this movie.

5. ermete polpette's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

6. Walker's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

After seeing this for four consecutive screenings at MoMa, my perceptions on Cinema and life in general have forever been altered. What a mind blowing experience!

7. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Still not sure what to do with the epilogue!

9. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

more like Ulysses Alexanderplatz! really ambitious project from Fassbinder but also such a great bore sometimes and such an obnoxious main character. sorry to ruin your perfect balance of 5 stars(or almost perfect)

10. Golden Tarot's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

This film has everything. it has been a while since something on a screen made me feel anger, ecstasy, and sadness all within its runtime, especially to such great degrees. If you love films then just watch it already, you are only hurting yourself the longer you wait.

11. Muraki's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

excluding the last episode, this's the best series of all the time

12. El Biffo's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Franz Biberkopf really is a decent guy, after all.

13. Stevie's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Definitely a fantastic achievement on the whole but I couldn't help feeling a bit underwhelmed at times. Not sure why. Acting as per usual in Fassbinder's films is fantastic.

14. Cinema Paradisio's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

One of the greatest films of all time. Fassbinder's 16 hr epic proves how powerful television can be.

15. scentless_traveller's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Berlin Alexanderplatz is the type of movie you will want to pull off the shelf for a party. It has all the elements you would want in a party flick. I'm giving it five pots of coffee.

16. Belowskey's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

And Fassbinder, tja nothing to say

17. Martin Florio's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

This is a great wonderful film. I have been promising myself to see it for many years. Now I am at chapter 9, and loving every single minute of it. The mise en scene is magnificent, simple and beautifull, and the performances are amanazing. This one's from the heart, Rainer.

18. Stephen Jay Walsh's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

The postman brought the DVD today. Now just need to find a spare fifteen hours.

19. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

A breathtaking epic! Bravo Fassbinder- Bravo!

20. Ryan Pearce's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

I'm only half-way through, and I'm calling it early......5 stars.

21. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Quälend und einmalig. Je intimer es wird und je mehr es um das Innenleben der Figuren geht, umso stärker ist der Film. Die Außenszenen sind deutlich nicht Fassbinders Metier, aber Schwarzenbergers Bilder sind auch hier (alp)traumhaft intensiv.

22. eric gould's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Fassbinder's sprawling 15 1/2-hour adaptation of Alfred Döblin's novel "Berlin Alexanderplatz" chronicles Franz Biberkopf's life whose prison release after serving time for killing his girlfriend is propelled in a spiraling descent of corruption and crime. Set in Alexanderplatz - Berlin's bustling urban center - during the years before the Nazi era, Biberkopf's story is entangled in a net of human folly and evil.

23. Zach A's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Wow. Mieze. What a ride. That epilogue. Yeesh.

24. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

The running time had me putting this off for years but I just had to watch like tv (like germans did when it aired on public tv on 1980!) Every episode with either big moments are small moments is perfect in its own way. Lamprecht, John, Sukowa, and Schygulla are all amazing. The final 2 hr fantasy epilogue is so good, I wanted to start the whole thing over again. One of the greatest films ever made.