1. postblueink's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

2. martial canterel's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Once upon a time, I have watched this sundered flow with Swedish sub -had to as you like- Details which have still haunted the buried/closets of the dreams of mine should come to the heel of incarnate one day...

3. James Mackin's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Bit of a rough slog throughout it, but the ending makes it all worth it. I like to think of this as the antithesis to 30 Rock, because it seems to state "no, you can't have it all. If you try, you lose everything."

4. Benjamin Reid's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

It took me a long time to get through this - not because it is boring - but because it is often emotionally heartbreaking. Franz is such a unique character in how he can be touching one moment and a fit of evil rage the next. It is amazing that Fassbinder can make us like him. His homoerotic relationship with the dastardly Reinhold is what makes the film so enticing. Chapters 4, 10, and the epilogue are my favs.

5. dionysus67's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Opus magnum for Fassbinder and a protracted exposition of displaced sexualities. Weimar Germany's imploded lumpen psychology, a blend of atrophied hope and resentment, is magnified as Fassbinder reveals the phenomenology of the face (a riveting Lamrecht) and with it a Christological parable of the world's annihilation in the Brechtean and insane epilogue to this epic. (Sukowa as the puppet-like Mieze is astonishing!)

6. kinotopia's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Gunter Lamprecht is astoundingly phenomenal as Franz Biberkopf and watching his life unfold is a surreal and addictive experience. however, i absolutely could not get into Mieze (the combination of the character's ill-fitting presence and Barbara Sukowa's performance both seemed too affected and self-aware to me) and i felt like the series lost a lot of its momentum and resolve there.

7. Ethan's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

This is Fassbinder's epic and a true masterpiece of filmmaking in all its sixteen hour glory. Fassbinder perfectly captures the atmosphere of Berlin right before Hitler took power.

8. Renton47's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Berlin has a Franz problem. It ennobles and ossifies, glorifies and crucifies him. I suspect this is a Fass problem, whom it seems idolised the text's everyday banality and saw in it redemptive qualities. I can't see the same, in Fassbinder or this film, though moments of an individual crushed in (by) a city transcend. Crushing is about right, oppressive and brilliant, but in love with a horror I didn't want to see

9. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

While I definitely get credit for watching this monstrosity, I cannot tell you a single thing about it. I rented all 17 parts, and just sat there. When I was in Berlin I went to Berlin Alexanderplatz station. So I definitely get credit for this movie.

10. ermete polpette's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

11. Walker's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

After seeing this for four consecutive screenings at MoMa, my perceptions on Cinema and life in general have forever been altered. What a mind blowing experience!

12. grotesc's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

13. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Still not sure what to do with the epilogue!

14. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

more like Ulysses Alexanderplatz! really ambitious project from Fassbinder but also such a great bore sometimes and such an obnoxious main character. sorry to ruin your perfect balance of 5 stars(or almost perfect)

15. Golden Tarot's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

This film has everything. it has been a while since something on a screen made me feel anger, ecstasy, and sadness all within its runtime, especially to such great degrees. If you love films then just watch it already, you are only hurting yourself the longer you wait.

16. Muraki's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

excluding the last episode, this's the best series of all the time

17. El Biffo's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Franz Biberkopf really is a decent guy, after all.

18. Stevie's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Definitely a fantastic achievement on the whole but I couldn't help feeling a bit underwhelmed at times. Not sure why. Acting as per usual in Fassbinder's films is fantastic.

19. Cinema Paradisio's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

One of the greatest films of all time. Fassbinder's 16 hr epic proves how powerful television can be.

20. scentless_traveller's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

Berlin Alexanderplatz is the type of movie you will want to pull off the shelf for a party. It has all the elements you would want in a party flick. I'm giving it five pots of coffee.

21. Belowskey's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

And Fassbinder, tja nothing to say

22. Martin Florio's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

This is a great wonderful film. I have been promising myself to see it for many years. Now I am at chapter 9, and loving every single minute of it. The mise en scene is magnificent, simple and beautifull, and the performances are amanazing. This one's from the heart, Rainer.

23. Stephen Jay Walsh's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

The postman brought the DVD today. Now just need to find a spare fifteen hours.

24. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Berlin Alexanderplatz

A breathtaking epic! Bravo Fassbinder- Bravo!