1. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film Bernie

This film is so underrated. Black really should have gotten the academy award for this film.

2. Ramzi's rating of the film Bernie

Would have been a good enough story by itself. The fact that it's a real story, and includes so many real townspeople, makes this a real little gem.

3. ali di pollo's rating of the film Bernie

Linklater non giudica mai, che carino

4. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Bernie

The Patron Saint of Texas filmmakers delivers this docudrama-esque tale that could only have ever happened in East Texas.

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Bernie

That was one fancy episode of 48 HOURS.

6. Fabio Souza's rating of the film Bernie

best part is the town residents speaking and acting

7. Andrew Sax's rating of the film Bernie

8. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Bernie

Well, I know the Bible says Jesus turned water into wine, but it didn't say liquor store wine. It had to have been non-alcoholic wine, because it didn't have time to ferment.

9. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Bernie

Świetna czarna komedia, w której za przyjacielskim uśmiechem Jacka Black'a kryje się mroczna tajemnica zmuszająca go do jeszcze szerszego szczerzenia zębów mającego na celu odwrócenie od siebie uwagi

10. truffraud's rating of the film Bernie

mordant, weirdly charming, and self-aware; bernie's story is just, drenched in absurdity. the talking heads are the best parts. even if the town is full of wacky, outré characters that we could easily be directed to look down upon, and laugh at rather than with, linklater's careful to treat these (fictional) testimonials with respect; he pokes fun at small-town texan life with obvious love.

11. John H. Nomedal's rating of the film Bernie

Based on an newspaper article; Bernie blends facts and fiction with actual interviews of people who knew him and staged scenes leading up the infamous murder and its aftermath. Jack Black portrays the good hearted killer with such a warm ease that no wonder the town was split on the verdict. A real texas-story from texan filmmaker Linklater! Sadly its not so re-watchable as some of his other movies. 3.5 stars.

12. Ethan's rating of the film Bernie

Another great achievement from Linklater, this has the feel of a hybrid documentary with all the main parts acted perfectly by Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine, and Matthew McCougheney, and the rest being played by the actual people in the town where the events transpired and who knew the characters this film is based on. Nobody does it quite like Linklater these days.

13. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Bernie

So many different elements of this film were just right up my alley in terms of what I like in movies. I love black comedy, and Jack Black's hilarious portrayal of this overly-lovable funeral home worker(/ murderer) made this one of my favorite performances by him.

14. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Bernie

So many (stylized) truths about Texas here-- I know the culture, and recognized "my people" at times.

15. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Bernie

At the beginning I was quite curious. The story slowly started to unfold in a narrative tone and I was not sure what exactly to expect: murder-crime?; scary-thriller?; comedy-funny?; odd-strange? After a strong start "Bernie" fell off constantly. I had the feel "Bernie" doesn't know itself. Linklater is to be accused not having utilised the great potential of the story. Jack Black doing very good, his best role ever!

16. antibody's rating of the film Bernie

17. Egoisms's rating of the film Bernie

I didn't laugh once. Very lackluster.

18. taniaburrito's rating of the film Bernie

19. flamingo jones's rating of the film Bernie

Jack Black gives one of the best performances of his career.

20. Mario Gaborović's rating of the film Bernie

I had very low expectations of this, but...

21. noahboahk's rating of the film Bernie

22. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Bernie

Truly unique, yet another proof that Linklater knows how to constantly reinvent himself. The surreal tone is particularly captivating, which is elevated by Jack Black's superb performance.

23. http://letterboxd.com/James_'s rating of the film Bernie

homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

24. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Bernie