1. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Besieged

2. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Besieged

3. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Besieged

Although the storytelling was quite straightforward, which was a bit of disappointment, it's nice filmed with great photography composition. I appreciate the multicultural exploration, specially the music (Coltrane's My Favorite Things). However, above all, what really didn't work for me was the involvement, maybe if those potential good characters have been developed in more details it could've meet the expectation.

4. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Besieged

5. sohan's rating of the film Besieged

the rhythm in the editing of the film is hypnotic and superbly matched to the intensity of the drama that unfolds.

6. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film Besieged

A subtle and engaging love story from Bertolucci that shows more than it tells. The cinematography is beautiful, and both of the leads give fine performances. The use of jump cuts was a more of a distraction than a stylish flourish, though.

7. melancolia's rating of the film Besieged

love or loyalty? what a dilemma. that split-second decision was a surprise. i'd probably run away if i were her. the film might be incomparable to the majestic productions of the Last Emperor or the Little Buddha, but like always, bertolocci doesn't spoonfeed his audience, he wants us to have our own decision, envision our own final scenes. and most of all, his films are delightful to the eyes.

8. rado's rating of the film Besieged

Sadly mislabeled as "minor" Bertolucci film, this rousing masterpiece outdoes Wong Kar-wai.

9. Bernardo's rating of the film Besieged

the soundtrack is great too

10. Neil Bahadur's rating of the film Besieged

This film is like silent cinema. The best of Bertolucci's post-Last Emperor works.