1. Melissa V's rating of the film Betelnut

What a great summer movie, a must see for anyone familiar (or not!) with China's Hunan riverside area. Love both the main characters in this.

2. Isabella Tianzi Cai's rating of the film Betelnut

The boys in the story seem more lost than the girls, who at least exercise regularly or go off to another city in search of jobs. I know this may be a pure coincidence because there are probably just as many male migrant workers in China as female ones. But in general I just felt really sad seeing the young people in this film doing nothing much but idling and smoking. Are they the unskilled labor pool of tomorrow?

3. Zachary Phillip Brailsford's rating of the film Betelnut

This sounds reminiscent of Unknown Pleasures, which I liked a lot. Hopefully it lives up to that! :D Savvy

4. Gondo's rating of the film Betelnut

In the "special thanks" section of the film Yang thanks Wang Bing, could that be THE Wang Bing or am I just making some weird connections here?

5. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Betelnut

This films heart is in the characters, but its driven forward by it's environment. usually a film moves forward by the characters and what they do (or what happens to them), the surroundings are a backdrop ... Betelnut does the exact opposite.