1. marco's rating of the film Better Things

2. headspace spacebar's rating of the film Better Things

3. msmichel's rating of the film Better Things

"It's a good life you have, as long as you don't weaken" speaks a character here before her own demise. But this is a film of the drug addled, the disappointed, the shut-ins; those who have weakened. Quite the depressing little calling card from director Hopkins who one can suppose/hope will have some interesting films in the near future. Good use of music especially the scenes set to Bach.

4. Tigrão's rating of the film Better Things

i asked a question to duane hopkins in cannes 2008 after the screening of 'better things' and he fucked me off like if he was a diva... but I liked the film.

5. Natasha Subramaniam's rating of the film Better Things

6. nightlands's rating of the film Better Things

utterly depressing. cinematography was lovely.

7. Truls Foss's rating of the film Better Things

Some of the scenes are very touching and beautiful (reminds me of Bruno Dumont's "Flanders"), but unfortunately, some of the stories portrayed in the film seems uninteresting and unimportant to me. Especially the story of the old lady and her grandchild.

8. paulamarques's rating of the film Better Things

Really good sequences, beautiful frames.

9. Boldizsár CR's rating of the film Better Things

Amazing images and cast. Wow for cinematography. The film itself is extremely downbeat yet compelling and draws an interesting parallel between the over 80 lonely people and under 25 wasted youth. Seems very pessimistic, however never feels fake at all. very touching and unfortunately real. Imagine Kids UK small town heroin style..

10. M's rating of the film Better Things

Compelling yet rewarding in the end.

11. Andy Oettl's rating of the film Better Things

One of the most touching films I've seen lately. Rarely has a film about heroin abuse and death been as beautiful. Hopkins is a talented filmmaker with a keen eye for the world around him.