1. S Campbell's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

Fassbinder takes a long hard look at his own sytle and is brutal in his views, not for everyone but then that's the way he would of liked it

2. ammar's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

Une indéniable dureté et un regard fassbinderien désillusionné, se situant à mille lieues de "La nuit américaine". Immanquable... www.cinefiches.com

4. EdieEmm's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

Fassbinder's autobiographical-ish film about making film, aka "film about brutality. (What else would one make a film about?)" Wherein both authenticity and artifice are deconstructed, and each is found to comprise the other; and where engagement with that perverse and brutal truth is a gratification both depraved and sublime... The farcical reality of humanity, and the depicting - and partaking - thereof. 4.5

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

6. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

The casual nature of it makes it an entertaining watch- plus I love the use of multiple languages.

7. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

8. Ethan's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

This is Fassbinder's 8 1/2. If I'm not mistaken it was based off of the troubled shooting of Whity.

9. mikong's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

three degrees of metafilming

10. David Grillo's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

Nobody combined the personal and the professional more successfully than Fassbinder he was a caretaker for his crew and his actors and as caretaker he could abandon them at any moment but it also hurt him the most. Hanna Schygulla was never more fragile than she was here in this role.

11. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

12. Vincent T's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

the timing of the subtitle was off when I first saw this. Needs a rewatch.

13. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

Una historia sobre la hostilidad, la frustración, el desamor y el estancamiento creativo de un director que va expandiendo y revitalizando estos conflictos en todos los que lo rodean. Fassbinder gusta de las tomas grupales. Es como si quisiese captar la tensión a propósito de esos personajes reunidos en una misma habitación/set/salón. Como la misma trama del director dicta: toda sociedad está destinada al fracaso.

14. P.P.'s rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

Pure hysteria. So much broken glass, so much emotion. I appreciate the way Fassbinder used the pillars to transition through the separate dialogues. Also, the way in which characters weave in and out of different languages - German, English, French, Italian. I also like how he approached each scene as a separate composition. Overall, though, it was tedious to get through.

15. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

16. El Biffo's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

"The only thing I accept is despair."

17. Nicole Elmer's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

I haven't seen it but heck, I'll watch anything with "Whore" in the title...

18. msmichel's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

Minor Fassbinder capturing a film shoot in suspencion.Atmosphere of boredom, ineptness and apathy overwhelms the tempermental and unsure director who will need an ephinany of some kind before getting down to his art. Problem is the apathy washes over the viewer as well and unlike say Truffaut's "Day For Night", which came 3 years later, one really doesn't care about anybody in this film.Great Cohen jukebox though.

19. DSPRKY's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

There are some fun devices at work in this revealing dark-ish comedy. I wonder if making a movie is really this bad.

20. Jimmy B.'s rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

Who cleaned up all that glass?

21. _Lilith_'s rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

I really enjoyed the pillars in this film. Some of the most enjoyable pillars I've ever had the privilege to know.

22. chanandre's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

Guiness World Record for the biggest amount of Cuba Libres ordered and drank on a movie set, ever. Aha.

23. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

Suerte de crónica alucinante y despiadada de un equipo de rodaje en crisis. Con esta película, basada en los acontecimientos que rodearon la filmación del western "Whity", Fassbinder realiza un exorcismo descarnado de sus contradicciones como director y ser humano. Gran trabajo de Lou Castel como alter ego del director alemán y notable cinematografía de Michael Ballhaus.

24. Eloi MV's rating of the film Beware of a Holy Whore

Let's hope the rights are finished and Criterion could get a hold of the right for this gorgeous and awesome movie!