1. Benjamin Reid's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

I can't tell exactly how I feel about this one, but I think it expects everyone to be stoned while watching it. It's very visually and tonally similar to Refn's last two films or even Lynch's Twin Peaks: The Return in the sense that everything is slow moving and often trying to squeeze out the maximum affect of unsettling creepiness. It's a real nightmare of a film, but most nightmares are more comprehensible.

2. Brendan Leonard's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

10/4/18, Shudder. This took me maybe four tries to get through? I really like the "evil Epcot" vibe it has going for it, and I think the plot is easy to follow...but there's not much here other than the tone and aesthetic. Excellent score, and visuals - it almost plays like a silent film at times. It worked for me in the end, but you really have to be keyed into what Cosmatos is riffing on.

3. tyb's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Nothing short of a revolution of cinema.

4. msmichel's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Visually speaking Cosmatos' debut is an impressive nightmare that wears its influences proudly on its sleeve. One can easily see the references to Cronenberg, Tarkovsky, Argento et al. If THX-1138 had a too linear plot for you...this may be your cup of tea.

5. spasmolytic's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Like watching a slow moving painting pieced together by an A.I. machine using 80's Tumblr aesthetics and the dark side of new age mysticism to simulate what it thinks an ayahuasca trip might be like. So if you go in expecting entertainment, you'll be let down. I fell asleep. But it's great for what it is. If they ever do an Akira motion picture remake, and they get this guy to do it, the potential seems unlimited.

6. daria vas's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

I haven't seen yet movie with such oppressive, saturnine atmosphere. It immersed me in anxious claustrophobic state throughout the entire viewing, but the end was so rudiculous, that i felt deceived

7. squid's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Why wasn't this a short movie ?

8. Isaac's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Este filme usa da combinação de sua trilha sonora, iluminação, direção, atuação e fotografia para criar um efeito hipnótico poucas vezes igualado por outras obras. O conjunto de referências cinematográficas é evidente, mas ainda assim esta obra tem sua própria originalidade. Não é um filme vazio, como alguns apontam. Os temas estão evidentes e são trabalhados, porém mais através da atmosfera do que pela fala.

9. Louis Robert's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

I just remembered this movie and how I felt watching it. Insane mood but no substance! I like stylised films so I'm still satisfied

10. angeldromero's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

The film is visually stunning, the soundtrack is interesting as well but when it comes to its core ideas, plot and characters, it feels very dry and utterly disappointing. I am eager to watch more of his films though.

11. Maudie Osborne's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

12. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Although not as bad as some make it out to be, it really is nothing but an artifact of the "hip" culture of the time it was released, i.e. visually beautiful without much content behind the facade.

13. Francisco's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

I don't know what the fuck I just saw but I loved it.

14. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

15. August Boulder's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Ok, Panos, we get it. You like Blade Runner, and THX1138, and the whole 80's analog aesthetic --- you had the opportunity here and the budget to do something great! And what did you do? You squandered it. There's no story here, no substance whatsoever. What a shame.

16. vordven's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

17. BLP's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

This is an audiovisual masterpiece and one of the most underrated films ever made. The fact that a first time director was able to make such a preeminent work is mind-boggling and it's a shame that it hasn't gotten more recognition. This film is an experience almost unlike any other. The soundtrack is mesmerizing and the whole film feels like a dream you had on psychedelics. One of my all-time favorites.

18. Dry Bones's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

19. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

A strange one, but worth a watch for its sheer inventiveness and uniqueness. I'd love to see more work by this director when it becomes available.

20. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Visivamente interessante.. ma tutto il resto ti lascia solo una parola: boh.

21. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

there is a thin line between abstractism and nonsense, this one lies in between

22. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

23. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

This film feels longer than a Monday. 100 minutes of 70's & 80's aesthetic shots & soundtrack, and 10 minutes of the actual plot.

24. jewelsofglory's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Overly pretentious and bland. Had all the aesthetic criteria of a sci-fi but none of the content.