1. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Although not as bad as some make it out to be, it really is nothing but an artifact of the "hip" culture of the time it was released, i.e. visually beautiful without much content behind the facade.

2. Francisco's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

I don't know what the fuck I just saw but I loved it.

3. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

4. August Boulder's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Ok, Panos, we get it. You like Blade Runner, and THX1138, and the whole 80's analog aesthetic --- you had the opportunity here and the budget to do something great! And what did you do? You squandered it. There's no story here, no substance whatsoever. What a shame.

5. vordven's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

6. BernardoL's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

This is an audiovisual masterpiece and one of the most underrated films ever made. The fact that a first time director was able to make such a preeminent work is mind-boggling and it's a shame that it hasn't gotten more recognition. This film is an experience almost unlike any other. The soundtrack is mesmerizing and the whole film feels like a dream you had on psychedelics. One of my all-time favorites.

7. Dry Bones's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

8. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

A strange one, but worth a watch for its sheer inventiveness and uniqueness. I'd love to see more work by this director when it becomes available.

9. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Visivamente interessante.. ma tutto il resto ti lascia solo una parola: boh.

10. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

there is a thin line between abstractism and nonsense, this one lies in between

11. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

12. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

This film feels longer than a Monday. 100 minutes of 70's & 80's aesthetic shots & soundtrack, and 10 minutes of the actual plot.

13. jewelsofglory's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Overly pretentious and bland. Had all the aesthetic criteria of a sci-fi but none of the content.

14. Absentia's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

15. Kid Sisyphus's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

This reminds me of working the off-shift back when I was with the phone company. Remember that, me?

16. James Mackin's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Certainly very moody, and the soundtrack is fantastic, but I can't say I cared for it.

17. opandadodavid's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

A banda sonora é ***** though

18. Poor Margo's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

two stars for cinematography

19. galuh indri's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Nice try but try again. Lovely shots tho!

20. bulgrin's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

A great reflection of 70s/80s style science fiction films. Hypnotizing, metaphorical and visually stunning. Great soundwork too. For some the story might be too flat, but for me it leaves enough space for developing a great experience. Sometimes less is more! A must for fans of Lynch, Jodorowski, Kubrick ...

21. -REM-'s rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

22. joanan's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Visually fascinating, the colors were breathtaking, still, the concentration on the aesthetic part was too powerful leaving the narrative script almost non existent.

23. Bernardo_Rodrigues's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

24. F-BOMB's rating of the film Beyond the Black Rainbow

Informed by milestone visual cinema, Black Rainbow is full of beautiful shots but is given too much running time for what it is. Not something you can walk out on or else you miss the beautiful ending shot, but drop any expectations you have walking in to this one, and then continually revise your remaining expectations lower. Dare I say it? A major studio could have helped to revise this into something watchable.

← Previous 1 3 4 5