1. natalieb's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

★★★★★ Story of a Love Affair that Never Existed. I have seen that film a long time ago but still, this first part hunts me. Don't remember the other stories —The Girl, The Crime ..., Don't Try to Find Me, This Body of Filth— only that Sophie Marceau was getting on my nerves :S

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

Une immense et cruelle déception ! www.cinefiches.com

3. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

so, i watched this without subtitles and i was struggling to understand most of the italian - but the shots and the architecture of the screen were so beautiful. That scene with the swing and the sandstorm really got to me.

4. Mauro Pagano's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

5. postblueink's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

6. Landen Celano's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

What strikes me as the biggest disappointment of this is that Antonioni contradicts and abandons a lot of previous filmmaking beliefs like the use of music and the performers overacting. What should have been a swan song is just a muddled mess.

7. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

**1/2. Yes, it's beautifully lighted and filmed. Yes, Beyond the Clouds's actresses are charming, dressed and undressed. Yes, the locations are exquisite. No, I didn't grasp all that was uttered by John Malkovich. No, I'm not sure I understood the words I heard. Yes, it's a film about unquenched desires and inability to understand, No, I'm not a character of a Michelangelo Antonioni movie. Almost already forgotten.

8. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

Dont' know what was more out of place here: Malchovich acting, the cheesy music, Malchovich naked (yikes!), Malchovich's mumbling or Wender's hands in an Antonioni film... in all a total disaster!!!

9. nematomaranka's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

I really liked the first story. antonionian people acting and reacting to each other and surfaces and buildings. being certain in every movement they make while remaining mystery to themselves. and sadness. beautiful sadness. falling asleep and waking up when it's too late. but I couldn't relate to any other part of the film.

10. alice's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

"Questo corpo di fango" (titolo del frammento letterario che è alla base del segmento conclusivo del film) riscatta, in parte, la bruttezza dell'ora e venti precedente.

11. mizo gucci's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

12. Stevie's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

Surprisingly good, I refused to watch this for quite a while after reading some of the reviews which stated that the film was very poor. Nicely shot and quite poetic in places, a nice examination of love and life. The beach scene with Malkovich was deeply haunting, I won't forget that.

13. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

This is only for Antonioni diehards- don't bother if you're not already a fan but that isn't to say it doesn't have a lot of beautiful moments that recall his earlier films while not being too nostalgic either. Malkovich is so good in the typical Antonioni moments of silence that you wish he'd been born in a different era where he could have done more films like this instead of playing villains in action flicks.

14. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

15. DSPRKY's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

So good—the Italian master's last full-length film does not disappoint. The first and last stories are my favourite, but does Antonioni ever really misstep?

16. Sadhaka's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

Evocative, beautiful, theatrical, sad, just like love and life.

17. vordven's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

18. evolvingdodo (waffles)'s rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

wenders e antonioni danno un chiaro esempio del principio dell'elettricità secondo il quale quando un corpo è scarico le cariche positive si annullano.

19. Iwan's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

20. joanar's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

Here we are combining two of the greatest: Antonioni and Wenders. If i had no doubts on the aesthetics of it (and it still surprised me by being the best of the bests, amazing), i had some in terms of story line and i am so glad to say i had no reason to be afraid. This is superb, sublime. What an insight on what is being a director, a story teller. What a piece of art and life.

21. Max's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

My favorite scene, with Jacob and Perez: http://vimeo.com/12195041

22. morobison's rating of the film Beyond the Clouds

To fully appreciate this great work of art, you really need to see in on the big screen; Antonioni is an architect and television size imagery doesn't convey the nuance. I saw Beyond The Clouds when it premiered in Los Angeles in 1995 and got to meet Antonioni in person. An experience of a lifetime. Take the moments when you can because they'll be gone in the blink of an eye, beyond the clouds.