1. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

was okay, but the most successful thing it did was make me want to play a VHS board game

2. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

Pleasant and worth a watch, but it's a film that relies on nostalgia over atmosphere to its detriment.

3. film_lies101's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

3 stars for that head exploding scene

4. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

As a former part-time video rental clerk throughout college (in the dying days of VHS), I enjoyed this more than I probably should have.

5. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

An entertaining horror/mystery B-flick with a fun vintage sensibility. The acting is pretty solid and the production design while limited works fine. It might not break any new ground in any way but it has a fun and eerie tone that I enjoyed.

6. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

The best aspect of Beyond the Gates is not the entertainment elements-- as the film isn't that entertaining, sadly-- but rather, the relationship between the 3 characters, mainly the brothers. It's not creative or exhilarating in its action/horror set pieces, atmosphere, or scares, and it takes too long to get to its point, and then, doesn't know what it wants to be: purely fun or an analysis of accepting loss.

7. dave gunn's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

This had the feel of a movie I would have loved growing up in the late '80s, but it failed as one I watched as an adult in the 2010s.