1. Rocco's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

Aside from Crampton’s horror hostess/game master, this feels like a big missed opportunity. A very promising premise that never takes flight.

2. nessmj's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

I can't - I am overwhelmed by the lack of any sort of substance in some modern horror. There is no story, needlessly slow and endlessly trite. It seems to hope to ride on the coattails of gore, and I even found those instances of excess to put into further contrast the lack of near everything else that makes a decent movie.

3. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

was okay, but the most successful thing it did was make me want to play a VHS board game

4. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

Pleasant and worth a watch, but it's a film that relies on nostalgia over atmosphere to its detriment.

5. film_lies101's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

3 stars for that head exploding scene

6. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

As a former part-time video rental clerk throughout college (in the dying days of VHS), I enjoyed this more than I probably should have.

7. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

An entertaining horror/mystery B-flick with a fun vintage sensibility. The acting is pretty solid and the production design while limited works fine. It might not break any new ground in any way but it has a fun and eerie tone that I enjoyed.

8. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

The best aspect of Beyond the Gates is not the entertainment elements-- as the film isn't that entertaining, sadly-- but rather, the relationship between the 3 characters, mainly the brothers. It's not creative or exhilarating in its action/horror set pieces, atmosphere, or scares, and it takes too long to get to its point, and then, doesn't know what it wants to be: purely fun or an analysis of accepting loss.

9. dave gunn's rating of the film Beyond the Gates

This had the feel of a movie I would have loved growing up in the late '80s, but it failed as one I watched as an adult in the 2010s.