1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

2. vordven's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

3. Jason's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

In terms of the synchronization of a visual style (or general "visuality") and a milieu, Beyond the Hills is very much a total triumph. It is very much apparent that there needed to be this kind of film in this kind of space. That being said, I have some issues w/ the fact that this particular story has been told in this particular way. We are dealing w/ a fairly manipulative approach and a kind of queasy exposé.

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

5. bagno's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

6. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

7. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

Horrible. Stunning. Mungiu is a true master.

8. ䷀'s rating of the film Beyond the Hills

It was a little bit too irritating witnessing the passivity and ignorance! At one point I almost yelled at the screen, because I wanted the protagonists friend to react. Not very energizing, quite draining watch. But, maybe with another mood I would enjoyed this film even more. 3.5/4

9. Sprungler's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

What the hell is going on in this film? Inspired by a real case, the story goes on insanely slow but dramatically beautiful. A must watch until the end.

10. samuele90's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

Che poi, non è che sono cattivi, ma esuberanti. E lei rompeva il cazzo a dì di sì, eh. Perfino per gli standard zingari.

11. Jorawantstoeat's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

Finally a piece that doesn't show religious people as crazy fanatics. It is actually the secular life that is obtrusive here, with its' rules and barriers, not able to live those who decided to quit it alone.

12. Fabiha's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

"God gives us what we need, not what we want."

13. Alex's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

A beautifully composed film.

14. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

A love story of two women hurdled by dangerous beliefs. The composition is superb. The question of whose scene is it is determined beforehand hence a dialogue scene between two or more characters doesn't have shots alternating from different camera setups, camera is locked on one point of view but its not limiting- the shots are wide letting the viewer do his own editing. No unneeded indulgent shots.

15. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

Myriad uncanny parallels between this and Katrin Gebbe's 2013 film Nothing Bad Can Happen.

16. KAI!!!'s rating of the film Beyond the Hills

The haunting neutral screen pallet gives exactly what this seasonal film should expected to be- no ambiguities. 4 stars because of the uncertainty.

17. Aurora's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

Muy buena composición.

18. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

A disturbing take on the power religion can have on the weak who can't decide for themselves.

19. karamazov.'s rating of the film Beyond the Hills

Review: http://www.criticker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4787

20. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

Love will never be a sin. Stunning film, I can't help to enjoy when someone wreaks havoc in these religious environments.

21. chazell's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

It was hard to find good subtitles for this, so i watched with a five minute delay which i'm not sure added to it. Regardless, it was a very interesting film.

22. Swag Yolo's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

Superb direction markes by its unique camera work, which relies on finding the perfect camera shot, and then proceed with the filming, characterized by its long takes filled with sublime dialogues which make great reflections about religion, faith and friendship. The screenplay and the performances are outstanding, which led this film to the best screenplay and best actresses award at the Cannes Film Festival.

23. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Beyond the Hills

An absorbing tale of obsessive love and religious mysticism. Full Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/01/beyond-hills-2012.html

24. amicinema's rating of the film Beyond the Hills