1. P D Dawson's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

Quite simply a masterpiece in every way. The acting is heart aching and beautiful and one believes this is life itself. So wonderfully shot and tenderly put together, this film left me speechless. Its enduring power owes much to the father and son relationship, one which is unparalleled and rarely explored and treated as tenderly as it is here. My heart was breaking at the finale, and a little broken still.

2. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

3. MistaRichard's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

A classic tearjerker. The young Enzo Staiola (almost) outperforms Maggiorani; extraordinary.

4. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

5. ermete polpette's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

6. _cmb's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

7. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

I watched it because it's on TSPDT's list of the 1000 greatest films ever. I can appreciate it without actually liking it. It's that neo-realism thing that turns me off. It just seems like melodrama to me.

8. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

9. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

I can't deny the masterful potency of Bicycle Thieves, its moral clarity and the way that, although it's arthouse by default today, it could play to a crowd in '48. Part of my skepticism toward Italian neorealism has to do with its legacy, and the way so many modern festival pretenders gild the lily with over-the-top plot contrivances. De Sica's original knows that simple and mundane can have great emotional power.

10. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

11. Rebecca Lynn Johnson's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

I can appreciate its portrayal of post-WWII poverty and the struggle of Italian families to keep afloat, but it wasn't very engaging. The story was elongated to a flaw. It would've worked better as a short film.

12. Luca Casilli's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

13. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

14. Sander Moyson's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

What reverberates in the interlocked hands of a child and his father? The grief that gleams in raw reality.

15. greers's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

16. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

So far, the best of Italian Neorealism I’ve seen. A touching, affecting, and human story of life and morality. Powerful in it’s simplicity and emotionally raw in its scenes. The ending it particularly heart wrenching.

17. dyinguniverse's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

18. Ramona Arsene's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

The ending is flawless. Perfect.

19. T.J. Royal's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

The end sequence is well earned. For me, it had more life and drama in the crowd scenes than just the characters' gazes, except at times with Bruno and his mother.

20. Jim Fear's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

21. gogeorge@gmail.com's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

This is how life can change you. This is how you see how you failed to love. This can happen. {It also backs my philosophy: "Your mind develops either through a loving/benefiting loved ones platform or through a spiteful/playing, egocentric platform."} You can find me on Twitter @gogeorge

22. ceknklsn's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

23. come-in-alone's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves

Just do yourself a favour, find a spare hour and a half and watch this film already.

24. MrArkan's rating of the film Bicycle Thieves