1. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

2. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

Released before Prisoners, this Israeli film is that had it been directed by the Coen Brothers. With an auteurist style and similar clever comedy, it acts like it asks social-political questions concerning the blurred moral line in the attainment of justice, but it's just an excuse for well-executed thrills. The false comfort of comedy may make its creepy factor hit harder to some, but to me it's just a fun time.

3. Renton47's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

A film like this is balanced on a tightrope, awaiting judgement for if the end justifies the means. Here they sadly don't, and the only questions asked are 'what if Prisoners didn't take itself too seriously, suggested that violence and grief have no lasting impact, and justified the more reprehensible actions of its characters?'. No thanks.

4. anadyomene's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

Not pure, mindless violence, yet without solid plot.

5. Edgar Echeverría's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

extraordinario humor negro en un tema muy complicado y ominoso.

6. RisuSardonicus's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

It was quite hard to go through this, but I honestly enjoyed the finale a lot.

7. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

Like EVERYONE ELSE, I'm here because of Tarantino. And I can easily say i'm disappointed. Though I really enjoyed the sparse, menacing mood and the twisted dark humor, I fucking hate films where everything happens conveniently and not organically. And while the ending made sense and was well executed, the writing to get there was not really well accomplished. Maybe a hollywood remake could actually get it better.

8. alonsoelias's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

9. Sergio Fernandez's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

tarantino eres un huevón, me aburrí con mis amigos en nuestra velada dominguera ctm

10. Dan's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

Pointless, nasty and filled with awful attempts at black humour. WTF, Tarantino? WTF?

11. Howard Orr's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

Superficially reminiscent of so many east Asian films in its baroque style, overbearing soundtrack and sadism, but without the cleverness and pretentious charm of Chan-Wook Park, Hong-Jin Na, Miike et al. The intended black comedy seems grotesque in all the wrong ways.

12. Matt's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

This is what 'Hard Candy' would have looked like if it were a good movie.

13. dave gunn's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

I loved the way this was shot, the suspense was very gripping and kept me reeled in until the very end, and the brutal cycle of violence was very unnerving. Seeing a blowtorch be held to someone's chest was intense.

14. Ari's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

Slick and nasty torture revenge flick w/ undertones of dark comedy, tonally resembling the Coen brothers attempting horror. The Israeli context makes it more interesting. The film suggests the brutalizing consequences of violence are not only desensitization towards the suffering of others but becoming what you are fighting against. Violent means, even when justified, cannot lead to just ends.

15. filmcapsule's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

I really hate these grim, cynical "revenge" movies that make the audience anticipate blood and do nothing more than pay lip service to the morality of retribution. Neither the director nor the characters seem to put any thought into their actions, which make the proceedings particularly dull. I liked the gliding camera towards the basement, but that's about it.

16. Roberto Neves's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

Não é o melhor filme mas o Tarantino não anda longe.

17. Adriana Valente's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

18. msmichel's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

Fascinating and often brutal study of the depths of depravity that man can stoop to whether it be in the name of justice, family, duty or guilt. A young girl is murdered and just as a disgraced cop is about to cross the line while kidnapping the chief suspect, the victim's father abducts both. What follows is a harrowing journey that has a soul of black comedy well hidden in a revenge fantasy get-up. Top marks.

19. Shayan Bazri's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

is it really the best film of the year?!!!

20. bencor's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

This is like if that Michael shit met that The Hunt I had - and they had a baby. And then, meanwhile, that crazy Strigöi stuff I had and the Skin I Live In met and had a baby. And by some miracle, those two babies met and fucked - this would be the shit that they birthed.

21. Didar Merve's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

Does making questioning audience for 100 minutes "is he murder?" and performing unlimited torture scenes make it best film of the year? Don't think so.

22. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

Well this was not what I expected... After a great pre credit sequence shock full of atmosphere and menace things turns to dark comedy which for me lessen the blow of the harrowing subject matter. If you are aware of this you'll be fine and will have a great time watching the absurdity unveil. The blend between violence, grit and laughs sort of works. I'm still on the fence here. Still an entertaining movie for sure.

23. Vaida Kazlauskaitė's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

Man what a waste of time. amazing.

24. cmiranda's rating of the film Big Bad Wolves

Desde a magnífica construção de personagens e de diálogo, recheado de humor mordaz e inteligente, à realização descomprometida, marcada pela liberdade de movimentos de câmara, por zooms lentos que fazem a analogia com o ritmo a que se descortina a narrativa e por um enorme sentido geométrico nos enquadramentos, o trabalho de Keshales e Papushado é digno de um diploma na universidade de Tarantino. - Cinemaville.net