1. Bret Bynum's rating of the film Big Fan

Patton Oswalt doesn't act enough. He really is one of the most underrated actors. This movie is like a nightmare for anyone who has ever had a hero. Imagine meeting that hero and finding out he/she isn't what you expected. It's soul crushing, like when we found out about Bill Cosby. Can you still admire them?Can you still admire their work? Will you ever be able to forgive, forget, and move on like it never happened?

2. Morten Halskov Jensen's rating of the film Big Fan

Set mandag den 7. november. Rigtig god fortælling om John, der 36 år gammel stadig bor hjemme hos sin mor, og har arbejde som parkeringsvagt. Han eneste interesse er The Giants, og ringer ivrigt ind til sportsprogrammer og giver sin mening til kende. Til trods for at han får tæsk af sin favorit spiller, så er han en trofast G-mann-fan. Flot fortalt, sine steder intens, men desværre lidt vaklende i slutningen.

3. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Big Fan

Loved Patton in it but this didn't do it for me!

4. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Big Fan

The sports-equivalent to Taxi Driver, this sad but sort-of funny black comedy takes a familiar setup & sends to it some pretty surprising & logical conclusions. Oswalt nails it in this interesting character study that doesn't quite work as much as it should have in the second act. It could've been funnier, but it's a solid film!

5. Kirby's rating of the film Big Fan

A great performance in a forgettable film. What did this movie really want to be anyway?

6. Christofer Pierson's rating of the film Big Fan

I can't give this film a measly three stars. Maybe not a masterpiece, but It's not a middling film. This is a film about the meaning of life for a nobody from Staten Island. You rarely see ugliness and smallness depicted with such magnificent beauty. (Look at Marcia Jean Kurtz close-ups for example--almost like Vermeer paintings, so beautiful.)

7. Posterocalypse's rating of the film Big Fan

Pretty good! Kind of funny / very sad. Great performances all around. There were a few scenes that really showed the shoestring budget, but all-in-all a great success. One of the few films I've seen recently that featured a real phone number (no 555!).

8. mjgildea's rating of the film Big Fan

A mess that didn't know what it wanted to be, unable to decide between a King of Comedy ripoff or a Taxi Driver ripoff. The black comedy moments that managed to drip out (the 50 Cent cake) were funny but mostly I felt like I was in a room where two people were calling my name at the same time. And I wanted to slap them both...

9. vadermccandless's rating of the film Big Fan

best use of Delta Dawn EVER. Patton Oswalt is excellent. Nice riff on Taxi Driver.

10. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Big Fan

An excellent and surprising performance from Patton Oswalt highlights this compelling character drama. An authentic and engrossing examination of a kind of mainstream fringe subculture, with strong authentic performances from the supporting cast. Maybe not quite what it could have been (the ending is a little weak), but a strong, well-made indie drama.

11. Kent Lundblad's rating of the film Big Fan

yeah so Patton could have easily gotten a nomination... why he didn't is beyond me. I really liked this story and it reminded me of the time I've spent being a caller to a radio show. If you've ever been a die hard fan of anything, and absolutely hated the opposition to what you love, then you can relate to Patton. Fanboys aren't just movie/gamer nerds... they're sports nuts too.

12. Jean-Baptiste Toussaint's rating of the film Big Fan

13. abrahamgbj's rating of the film Big Fan

this is a very dark comedy

14. Joshua Dysart's rating of the film Big Fan

Watching Patton Oswalt's performance alone is worth the time.

15. Valu2009's rating of the film Big Fan

Paul Aufiero is another pathetic outsider, and Patton Oswalt is perfect for the role. Nice first movie from Robert D. Siegel, the man who wrote The Wrestler...he loves outcasts, that's for sure.

16. Brandon Isaacson's rating of the film Big Fan

Patton Oswalt is incredible, easily one of my top performances of the year. The writing is brilliant, also among the years best.

17. Landen Celano's rating of the film Big Fan

It's definitely shy of brilliant, but definitely quality. I particularly liked the choices Siegel made in the script, but his directing felt typically indie.. nothing special there.