1. steven's rating of the film Big Night

2. Lyeekha's rating of the film Big Night

Slow burn, beautiful lines, highly immersive. No real plot surprises but that's not the point. Lovely

3. Erdeerchen's rating of the film Big Night

A perfect movie. It touches on the many facets of human interaction, and trying to get by. Th performances were delicate, thoughtful and overall, real. I'm not sure why I've never seen this movie before, but it definitely won't be the last time.

4. ant's rating of the film Big Night

Really enjoyed it. "It can't rain inside" is the best scene

5. JCPJD's rating of the film Big Night

What a lovely little film. Thank you MUBI for bringing this to my attention. There are some bits that don't quite work for me, but the overall tone and rich feeling of the piece makes up for those in spirit and substance. I think the last scene is one of the dearest, most truthful I have seen in a long time and a real lesson for filmmakers in how to end a piece.

6. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Big Night

A fantastic cast, great soundtrack, and plenty of tasty meals on show. It's a shame that the final 20 minutes or so can't remain as absolutely delightful as the 70+ minutes that come beforehand, but this remains a real treat.

7. Steve G.'s rating of the film Big Night

8. Cliff's rating of the film Big Night

This is why I love Mubi, for introducing me to a new favourite. I think what I love most about this film is the attention to detail and also the unspoken dialogue between the brothers is sublime. The "Goodfellas" type restaurant walkthrough was fun too.

9. Ethan Hodson's rating of the film Big Night

10. Cleo Vogler's rating of the film Big Night

11. Claire Warrington's rating of the film Big Night

A simply wonderful film! Cinematic masterpiece, understated, lovingly and knowingly written and acted. Watch this film!

12. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Big Night

Never understood the slack that this film gets. It's entertaining, genuinely funny in a Python-esque way and has some stellar acting. I can only assume that people find the ending (an open question) kind of dreary. Don't miss.

13. Noëlle's rating of the film Big Night

14. Alex Hall's rating of the film Big Night

I seem to be at odds here, but I thought this was not particularly great. I found some of the performances cringeworthy, Holm in particular. Rossellini was the highlight for me, but her part was the smallest.

15. Caitlin's rating of the film Big Night

Delightful from beginning to end. A pure pleasure to watch. Stellar cast. WATCH THIS FILM. It will do your heart good in these dark times.

16. nickolia's rating of the film Big Night

An elegantly crafted film with a great cast. I've never fallen in love with a film set before but there's something about this one. The scene where the lamp gets in the way of the man's face when he's talking was comedy gold dust.

17. Thomas's rating of the film Big Night

I remember this film getting booed in the cinema I saw it at on it's first release. I guess sometimes there's no accounting for 'taste'. The film's tone is warm, understated, subtle and absolutely believable which makes it always a joy return to. The characters are, equally, fiercely passionate about their professions and each other, and played with a perfect balance of understated humour and conviction. A gem.

18. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Big Night

The couple in the opening scene is a caricature, but I feel that I know them well, alas.

19. francine's rating of the film Big Night

Superb story and cast. One of my all time favourites films to watch solo.

20. Grasshopper's rating of the film Big Night

To my taste, a near perfect film. You watch it and then you KILL YOURSELF! You have to KILL YOURSELF after you watch it because you CAN'T LIVE!

21. Justin Senkbile's rating of the film Big Night

22. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film Big Night

23. Pavel's rating of the film Big Night

A wonderfully written screenplay that fascinates us with the stories and lives that circulate within the restaurant run by Shalhoub and Tucci. Most movies don't give a great deal of detail or conviction about the jobs that people really do. But in the time I spent watching this film, I understood their passion and their drive and why they wanted to continue working in a situation that was impossible to deal with.

24. Emrys's rating of the film Big Night

rated 5 out of 5 stars. This is one of my favourite films, and I watch it every few years. Also my favourite depiction of an artist's role in society.