1. Rūta Švedkauskaitė's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

Honest film about simple and inspiring person rare in a shallow fashion world.

2. G.'s rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

3. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

4. Feng Ling's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

a life with a positive obsession is a life worth living

5. Henry F. Winship's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

This film accurately shows Bill's honest and delightful lifestyle. He sought beauty, and so his life is beautiful to witness. What an inspiration. He must be so missed by those who were close to him, let alone his many admirers. RIP

6. David R Williams's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

What a remarkable and so very down to earth human being. Even more so the cast of characters he surrounds himself with - characters that could only exist in NYC.

7. T Mills's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

I almost didn't watch this... And I would have missed the most joyful documentary I've ever seen.

8. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

How can a documentary about a NY fashion photographer be this engaging? But it is!

9. Zac Weber's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

The photos are great, but when people talk about Bill Cunningham as a "treasure" it's really an appreciation for someone whose passion is utterly singular and honest. This film exposes his obsession in stark detail, even if Bill goes to great lengths to avoid the roots of his life. It might be tempting to call his existence tragic, but I think he's truly happy.

10. nessmj's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

I don't find anything particularly cinematically compelling; that being said, it is an absolutely lovely account.

11. 2multo's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

Beautiful story of passion and hidden shame not allowing creativity to slow over decades, but to peddle-on and snap an imaginative shutter speed to fame.

12. Nacnud Schmalz's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

What a character.! What a life.

13. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

14. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

What a wonderful and interesting subject. Bill seems so simple and at the same time complicated. My only reason for taking off a star was because I wish it was much longer.

15. PL Racine's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

Eccentric. Fashionable. Lovely.

16. Adam M's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

This is lovely, even if you care not a whit for fashion.

17. Waxamillion's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

This is a beautiful film. You see the life in Bill Cunningham and the effect he had on the world around him without the world around him having an effect on him. I love the way the film makers tried to go a little deeper into Bill's life and he would let them to a point. He is a myth, a magician and the zeitgeist. Gold!

18. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

I grew up reading the New York Times, so I've seen a lot of Bill's work. It's anthropology. I don't know how he does it, because I instinctively shudder at the sight of socialites. I liked what Tom Wolfe had to say about New York society in general and Bill specifically, that he "is not a social arbiter". Otherwise he wouldn't be able to do his job.

19. sohil's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

Any chance of depth is immediately passed for surface level masturbation on the man. Digging into his religion, his sexuality would have offered a real chance to really see him.

20. silvia ana cabieses's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

Qué fantástico reportaje a una persona que fotografió las calles y la gente de Nueva York por décadas y décadas para New York Times.

21. Guillaume Guillaume's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

22. David Richards's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

Very good documentary about a fascinating, energetic, upbeat guy who lives very simply and loves his work.

23. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

Quirky, wonderful, eccentric. Almost as much as the man it follows. The film fully embraces the wonders that are humans finding true pleasure from small moments and telling Cunningham's life through his personality. It is a fair and thorough treatment of the person of Bill Cunningham, but it never ceases to remain fresh and lively. An easy watch to be sure.

24. yaz's rating of the film Bill Cunningham New York

an inside look on a simple yet complicated man and his special relationship with the streets. You can't but feel warmth coming out of Bill's character.

← Previous 1 3 4