1. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film Bitter Lake

Horrific. I can't wait to go to hell.

2. gld48's rating of the film Bitter Lake

didn't engage with this one as much as the others but still enlightening

3. JMKE's rating of the film Bitter Lake

i'm the girl shaking her head when being taught about Duchamp

4. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Bitter Lake

Essential knowledge and thorough use of BBC footage.

5. Shea Hennum's rating of the film Bitter Lake

Adam Curtis has never seen Solaris, I'm sure of it. Smh.

6. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Bitter Lake

Its Curtis most somber piece. Feels like a requiem. 4.5

7. film_lies101's rating of the film Bitter Lake

This may be his masterpiece thus far

8. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Bitter Lake

Adam Curtis documentaries make you feel like you have been living with your eyes closed....

9. James Roth's rating of the film Bitter Lake

So much information to take in on first viewing, felt like I should have had my notepad out so apart from it demanding a re-watch, I thought the use of stock footage was second to none and I liked the really ambient moments where you could just sit with everything (the bird and soldier scene for example) Highly recommend it

10. rian's rating of the film Bitter Lake

I believe in you, you know the door to my very soul you're the light in my deepest darkest hour, you're my saviour when I fall.

11. -REM-'s rating of the film Bitter Lake

12. caprica_six's rating of the film Bitter Lake

Had some good moments but was otherwise frustratingly directionless.

13. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Bitter Lake

Not quite as pulsingly dynamic as his best work, but Curtis has unearthed some remarkable footage here. Come for the political commentary, stay for the editing patterns.

14. Kristina TamelytÄ—'s rating of the film Bitter Lake

15. Matt Richards's rating of the film Bitter Lake

Beautifully creative film-making. Curtis finds the perfect visual metaphor for the 'narrative between narrative' simply by showing all the outtakes of interviews and camera repositioning that is usually left to the cutting room floor. It's a complex history lesson that is engrossing and disturbing. The only weak point, the quick wrap-up at the end that felt at odds with the visual breathing space prior. 4 stars

16. Rohan Berry's rating of the film Bitter Lake

What is indisputable when it comes to Adam Curtis's work is that he has an obsessive eye for the power of images to reveal something disturbing within themselves. In BITTER LAKE he shows how Afghanistan hollows out the ideologies that have successively tried to reshape it. Throughout the film there is a fantastic use of repetitive imagery, that subtly alters as Curtis builds his argument - the dancing, for example.

17. AugusteB's rating of the film Bitter Lake

18. Tom Cottey's rating of the film Bitter Lake

BBC documentary really doesn't get much better than this. Thanks to Adam Curtis' efforts an extraordinary haul of archive comes together to tell a story of politics and humanity that is definitely, more horrific, beautiful and strange than any fiction.

19. mubianer's rating of the film Bitter Lake

Masterpiece. I liked the fact that it had less voice over than his previous films, a mix between It Felt Like a Kiss and his other documentaries. Like a great novel with digressions at times. Curtis is one of the best film makers around these days,

20. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Bitter Lake

Watched this when it dropped. The ratio of informative to glib starts to skew towards the latter in the home stretch, but as usual with Curtis there's a lot here I didn't know. His style's getting more adventurous, which I'm all for, even if it leads to a bagginess that makes this feel as long as his 3-hour ones.

21. Steven Dawson's rating of the film Bitter Lake

Another entrancing and fascinating work by Adam Curtis. Contains some brilliant found/stock footage as always (an adult learning course in modern art teaching about Duchamp's urinal / the resigned expressions on the faces of Afghan's having their biometric data taken / the British soldiers trying in vain to agree terms in order to use a photocopier etc). Maybe a bit too similar to Power of Nightmares however.

22. Yuki Aditya's rating of the film Bitter Lake

23. DanielJD's rating of the film Bitter Lake

His best yet & superior to most documentaries released in cinemas - give this man more power and exposure