1. Bruno's rating of the film Bitter Moon

Just what I needed to ravage the stereotypical male impulses in myself I would have thought I'd have gotten already rid of by now. So I hope, perhaps vainly. And either way, I'm left feeling desolate and rotten, which is just as a legitimate feeling as any other.

2. spasmolytic's rating of the film Bitter Moon

3. Danuski's rating of the film Bitter Moon

4. vordven's rating of the film Bitter Moon

5. Matt Reddick's rating of the film Bitter Moon

Overdrawn. An upclose view of 1 deeply toxic couple and 1 drifting that way. And then Hugh Grant dances and people puke into their NYE hats.

6. DenoResandono's rating of the film Bitter Moon

BITTER MOON is one of the most underrated movie from director Roman Polanski. BITTER MOON combines some themes. Such as psychological drama, thriller, black comedy, and a little bit of mystery. This movie has an excellent cast. Hugh Grant looks different in here. Not to mention Peter Coyote and Emmanuelle Seigner in their most frantic performance. It would be better if this movie has short runtime. It seems overlong.

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Bitter Moon

Roman Polanski patauge dans les redites, échouant lamentablement dans sa peinture de la passion. Une mise en scène décevante et pataude, sans subtilité aucune. Autant relire le roman bien plus corrosif et plus fascinant... www.cinefiches.com

8. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film Bitter Moon

9. Renton47's rating of the film Bitter Moon

If we tell ourselves stories in order to live, what's the story we'd tell in order to die? Perhaps the story of a love, joyous and miserable, sexy and cruel. Polanski conveys the cost of storytelling, esp. between men constructing ideals of femininity. The parallel extends, not least to the stories told by Hollywood today. The true threat is not passion, but Grant, those who "fuck missionary like a metronome."

10. ceknklsn's rating of the film Bitter Moon

11. Dalibor's rating of the film Bitter Moon

A multilayered love drama presenting a quite non-conformist view of love relationships eventual decay. It holds a strangely alluring pace of the narrative that's hard to look away from, even through cartoonish parts of the thing. Whether it will or will not work decides on how much you take it as a credible argument for the inevitable or a director's personal plea.

12. ammar's rating of the film Bitter Moon

13. Ghostman's rating of the film Bitter Moon

Crazy perverted masterpiece. Underrated as hell.

14. ionu's rating of the film Bitter Moon

Hadn't it been for the melodramatic ending, one of the best cinematic ventures I've experienced.

15. roseros's rating of the film Bitter Moon

16. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Bitter Moon

(...)Ich denke, es wäre die Leichteste Sache der Welt, sich nun auszulassen über Polanskis schlechten Geschmack. Dazu müssten wir aber bewweisen, für derartiges gänzlich unempfänglich zu sein. Bin ich tatsächlich so erwachsen, so seriös? Bitter Moon ist ein Exzess, Polanski hat ihn kompromisslos und ohne sich zu entschuldigen abgefilmt.(...)

17. Jim Fear's rating of the film Bitter Moon

18. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Bitter Moon

19. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Bitter Moon

"Bitter Moon" is a wordplay & hints on the (un)happiness of marriages/relationships. Two couples are in focus; but basically only about one is told in detail & length, the other is kept vague & short. It's all about excessive & passionate love which faded away. And about sex, obsession, rejection, bad taste, unfulfilled dreams, unhappyness, disappointment & boredom: not my cup of tea. Also a bit too long. Average.

20. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Bitter Moon

I've always loved this one, though perhaps it is difficult to defend-- I love the touch of madness here, which seems mostly absent from his films since the 70s.

21. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Bitter Moon

This felt so super 80's. There's a vaporwave album waiting to be made from the incredible soundtrack.

22. Giovanni Maroli's rating of the film Bitter Moon

One of the most obscure and addictive love stories ever brought on the screen. Coyote is amazing, Seigner is even better. And the ending is just crazy.

23. erictheviking's rating of the film Bitter Moon

24. riraru's rating of the film Bitter Moon

Als Satire: Großartig. Falls das ein ernst gemeintes Drama sein soll: Na dann gute Nacht! {Feminist(inn)en und Freudianer werden in jedem Fall ihre helle Freude haben.}