1. FISCHER's rating of the film Black Magic

Film devant être tourné par Douglas Sirk avec George Sanders dans le rôle-titre... www.cinefiches.com

2. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Black Magic

Orson Welles's performance was great just like a Shakespearean tragic hero preparing his end with his ambition for power.

3. Vaso Michailidou's rating of the film Black Magic

Even Welles's beautiful acting couldn't save this movie.

4. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Black Magic

Enjoyable. Special effects are very special (eyes!).

5. Knickerson's rating of the film Black Magic

Wild plot with hypnotism, swordfights and scheming.

6. db's rating of the film Black Magic

Overall, a largely engaging film; the first half far more than the second, I'd say. The costuming is fantastic, a treat in itself. Orson Welles is great,obviously having a good time playing Count Cagliostro. Apart from Akim Tamiroff and some other principles, however, the casting is uneven: Nancy Guild is unconvincing, and I couldn't help thinking of TV's 'Archer' as I watched Frank Latimore's portrayal of Gilbert.

7. Fanny Boucher's rating of the film Black Magic

Quite entertaining, but if it hasn't been for Welles performance I dont know if I would have liked it that much! A fun movie over all. Lots of cool period costumes and weird mesmerizing effects like cut out flying eyes...

8. captainfez's rating of the film Black Magic

I really, really want that jacket and fez combo.

9. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Black Magic

Joseph and his non-technicolored dream eyes didn't hypnotize me into giving his film four stars... four stars... four stars... But Orson Welles might have. He made this character so much more interesting than it would have otherwise been, stuck in all this melodrama. A magnificent performance. I was also impressed with Valentina Cortese, and wish she had had more screen time than Nancy Guild and Frank Latimore.

10. Gustavo Leitão's rating of the film Black Magic

Satisfying like a picaresque novel

11. msmichel's rating of the film Black Magic

An entertaining yarn until its final act dissolves into silliness. Orson Welles shines in this story of mind control set in the world of the French court and pending revolution but at the expense of almost everyone else involved. Scripting fails the film here.

12. darth_david@msn.com's rating of the film Black Magic

Una buena película para pasar el rato, pero con un toque distinto. Está la mano –y la actuación– del genio de Welles.