1. Crina Cătălina Bucur's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

I loved how after all the resistance he caves in in the end. The system slowly engulfs every individual.

2. ilze zzz's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

3. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

Another of the better ones, mostly because they really work for the worldbuilding here. It's Flashy, claustrophobic and annoying (in the good way), and the leads are't half bad.

4. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

5. Joao Sobral's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

6. rksw's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

7. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

Brooker displaying traditional storytelling chops as a writer for perhaps the first time in his career (and I say that as someone who loves 'Nathan Barley', but recognises that its plotting & character development are shoddy at best). I fear Abi was only there to be "put in the fridge" but Jessica Findlay makes her feel human. Most interesting to me as auto-critique of the co-opting of Brooker's own critical persona.

8. Risya's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

The dystopian scifi works so I give it that, but I don't feel anything.

9. The Macho King's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

This should be considered the 1st REAL episode of Black Mirror. Very layered as a episode with the symbolism, take heed and know this- the future is already here. Also had no idea Rupert Everett was in this till i seen the end credits, blown away by his exaggerated rendition of Simon Cowell. Off topic but somewhat related, Bing integrating that dance routine was bizarre & on the verge of cringe though.

10. Richard Tines's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

In a technologically advanced but culturally decadent future, a certain class of people are forced to pedal meaninglessly on bikes to accumulate "merits" for essential needs and ways to kill time...one of these people, a discontented young man, starts up a romance with a fellow grunt, to disastrous and degrading consequences.. shows how even the most heartfelt attempt at rebellion can be hegemonized...

11. aikeart's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

La cárcel del espectáculo.

12. Gioele's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

13. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

Very good little sci-fi vignette about our decadent society. Strongly recommended.

14. Bambarambambam's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

Oh Mama Oh Papa : "Kugadaikan Kehormatanku Demi Ketenaran Semu"

15. lidiishere's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

the ending breaks my heart. it represents how the obsession for money and fame can easily eradicate idealism

16. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

17. João R's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

The final performance was a true showstopper.

18. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

People quoting his words of revolt while going back to their sheep lives.

19. DenoResandono's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

FIFTEEN MILLION MERITS succeed to captured the dark side of advanced technology. This episode is a satire about the dependency of human being with what we called "technology". It depicted how technology could make us uncivilized. It's chilling, thought-provoking, and entertaining. This episode taught us that sometimes technology could make us a "slave". It would be great if the storyline doesn't go too linear. Great!

20. MistaRichard's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

Reality, credibility, banality and revolution.

21. Juan D.'s rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

Superfluous and annoying

22. rusnėja's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

even though i liked it, i find this episode a bit too obvious, not subtle enough. maybe because the story is too linear or something, but i feel like there's a better way to criticise and represent the modern world.

23. Rui Salgado's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

24. Pill Yun's rating of the film Black Mirror: Fifteen Million Merits

Bit generic and loose at some points, but generally it spots on. Kaluuya's performance was just, just good.

← Previous 1 3 4