1. kinotopia's rating of the film Black Moon

"Alice in Wonderland"/Jacques Rivette ripoff feels incomplete.

2. Poor Margo's rating of the film Black Moon

3. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Black Moon

A fabulous story about the trials of growing up and apprehending/accepting the world. This is so rich and beautiful, and I suspect I'll return to it frequently.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Black Moon

Abscons, insipide et profondément ennuyeux ! www.cinefiches.com

5. oooooo's rating of the film Black Moon

6. tgmf's rating of the film Black Moon

So many sex for no sex at all — much like my dreams)

7. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Black Moon

Funny how many critics have always hated on this. It must have been frustration. I liked it as I liked the introverted Alice by Chabrol. That does not mean is a masterpiece, but, well, it's just a little opening to peep into the heart of a good director.

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Black Moon

It's 'Callous in Blunderland'. I thought it was very inventive in the first half. Probably better as a short film, because it loses steam at the Wagner, and ends on a flat note.

9. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Black Moon

Garbage, served up as a visual feast. No amount of beautiful camera work can salvage this.

10. wiwitaek's rating of the film Black Moon

Funny, before I watched this movie, I updated a personal joke about madness somewhere on the internet. Right after I finished Black Moon, I think I'm actually crazy. Thank you Malle for pointing that out

11. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Black Moon

Typical love or hate movie. I like lost characters and the freakin onirism of this one.

12. João Rocha's rating of the film Black Moon

13. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Black Moon

Surrealism and strange happenings are some of my favorite things that can happen in the movies. However, this is when and if they work. Unfortunately, for the most part, this is the case in Black Moon. Everything feels repetitive and honestly pointless, taking interesting little moments that would work well tucked into another film, instead of making the entire film out of those moments.

14. josh scam's rating of the film Black Moon

The absurd is not Malle's calling. But it's not a complete failure, if you can stomach some truly nauseating repetition.

15. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Black Moon

I generally like Malle, but found this one forced and dull.

16. kasumasu02's rating of the film Black Moon

17. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Black Moon

Una especie de cuento de hadas inclasificable, lleno de imágenes y situaciones oníricas hermosamente fotografiadas por el gran Sven Nykvist.

18. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Black Moon

I was going to call it half arsed Bunel but it's more half baked Lewis Carroll. Alice is obviously an influence and Malle has admitted it. More telling is the fact he described the film'Opaque, sometimes clumsy' himself.

19. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Black Moon

I really wanted to like this. I just couldn't get into it. Some aspects are interesting from a symbolic perspective, but the film falls short of the usual perfection that is Malle.

20. Ruby's rating of the film Black Moon

Such a pointless and half-hearted attempt at hyper-conscious surrealism. It's like Malle emulated all of the elements that he feels create a surrealist work, but merely replicated them devoid of meaning and substance.

21. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film Black Moon

Malle has attempted to create this Carroll-esque type modern wonderland, but it really lacks any real meaning or direction. The film is just a chain of arbitrary events with a painfully bad actor as the protagonist. Despite her awful acting the character herself isn't particularly a likable character. I really wanted to enjoy the film but its only redeeming quality is the talking unicorn.

22. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Black Moon

23. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film Black Moon

24. cineaste's rating of the film Black Moon

I enjoy my dreams more than this reverie by Malle, though he has Nykvist and I do not.

← Previous 1 3 4