1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Black Sabbath

Three horror stories for the price of one. All three stories have different type of atmospheric styles too - one is a psychological thriller, one a ordinary thriller and one is pure Gothic horror. There is a lot of beautiful European starlets in distress and I like that it doesn't take itself too seriously - which we especially can see in the film's priceless final shot, but see the original Italian version.

2. Tibulle85's rating of the film Black Sabbath

(Vukekparonleweb) Anthologie de 3 courts de Mario Bava. Le 1er relève du thriller et annonce directemt Scream avec son téléphone; le script n'est cpdt pas à la hauteur (2,5/5). Le 2e revient à l'horreur gothique et revisite le thème du vampire.Plus abouti (Boris Karloff incroyable de charisme), le script est encore un peu faible (3,5/5). Enfin le 3e est LA gemme: histoire de fantôme bien menée et vrmt flippante (5/5)

3. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Black Sabbath

4. Danuski's rating of the film Black Sabbath

beautiful stage-like lights and dumb characters in a plastic scenography

5. Rocco's rating of the film Black Sabbath

Come for the colors and Karloff, stay for The Drop of Water

6. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Black Sabbath

7. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film Black Sabbath

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Black Sabbath

Une sympathique oeuvre de Mario Bava en trois sketches... www.cinefiches.com

9. bulgrin's rating of the film Black Sabbath

This is kind of a blue-print for a creepy horror anthology showing the master Bava at work. An eerie atmosphere with great use of color and camera work. And what makes it special is the late Boris Karloff guiding us thru.

10. Aardsy's rating of the film Black Sabbath

11. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Black Sabbath

12. tsamaroden's rating of the film Black Sabbath

Gorgeous production is always to be expected when I watch a Mario Bava film, and with Black Sabbath, I get three tales to enjoy and take in the visual splendor. All three tales, though maybe a bit easy call-the ending of the film makes note of this beautifully-are delightfully entertaining and nonetheless exceptionally paced and directed. Bravo Bava!

13. kit duckworth's rating of the film Black Sabbath

1. gay subtext 2. boris karloff family reunion 3. don't steal

14. josh scam's rating of the film Black Sabbath

good fun, crazy lighting

15. msmichel's rating of the film Black Sabbath

Italian version. Bava's trio of terrors represent an excellent time capsule of cinematic horror for the period as well as provide an early example of the giallo genre in the first entry. Best in show is the third entry (A Drop of Water) which is truly terrifying with its practical makeup effects. A fun ride throughout.

16. Daniele Ferrante's rating of the film Black Sabbath

Invecchiato male, malgrado la perizia registica sia eccezionale e nonostante l'ultimo episodio sia molto riuscito.

17. Leco's rating of the film Black Sabbath

Except from the scenarios, specially on "The Wurdulak", the first two tales haven't done much for me... very obvious, no help from the acting nor the dubbing... as for "The Drop of Water", it sure keeps up with the "best for last" saying. I was hoping for the second one to be better (hey! Vampires!), but the last one surprised me enough to save the whole experience. I'll definitely check some other Mario Bava's out.

18. kleos's rating of the film Black Sabbath

No film has a more talented and beautiful cast. And no director can be as silly as Bava when telling a serious and compelling story. After this movie you will never feel the same way about: make up, family, and stealing.

19. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Black Sabbath

Bava doing Tolstoi & Chejov... a pure classic!

20. Armando's rating of the film Black Sabbath

The first two parts are outdated from all points of view. The third one "The Drop of Water" has the intensity of an Edgar Allan Poe story. This third tale makes this movie truly remarkable. Mario Bava was a master.

21. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Black Sabbath

This type of horror just doesn’t do much for me. The set designs look fake and give off a phony and stagey vibe, and the stories themselves just aren’t scary. The atmosphere and look of everything just has a very obvious set design appearance. Feel like I could punch my hand through the plastery stone walls of the crypts.

22. David R Williams's rating of the film Black Sabbath

This is the Italian version so unfortunately we do not get to hear Karloff's wonderful voice but other than that... "The Telephone" and "The Drop of Water" are decent enough but the true (and literal) centerpiece is "The Wurdalak" - an absolute masterpiece of classic horror.

23. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Black Sabbath

24. Louis Matta's rating of the film Black Sabbath

Italian horror icon Mario Bava puts a fun & unique spin on the horror anthology genre with three entertaining stories. The main highlight comes from Boris Karloff who seems to be having the time of his life.