1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Black Venus

2. Jalise's rating of the film Black Venus

I'm not sure that this is a story that needed to be relived through the context of 'realist' cinema. When people tell stories of dead black women of this time, i always feel like there is a serious void. The void= the inability to authentically and humanistically replicate what they must have been feeling/ experiencing. Basically, the spectacle of this woman's body as something to be displayed for profit continues...

3. Mariana Branco's rating of the film Black Venus

An anthropological approach on the 'strange'.

4. dialupmodem's rating of the film Black Venus

harrowing, quite staggered though... like its really long

5. Frederico Cintra Torres's rating of the film Black Venus

chocar só para provocar choque é 0 lamento

6. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Black Venus

7. Anointed's rating of the film Black Venus

I heard of this time in history, and saw paintings of this horrible time. I want to see it to depicted in film

8. Minu's rating of the film Black Venus

Very difficult to distinguish between acting and real life experience, also a recurrent theme in the film.

9. Michel's rating of the film Black Venus

I can't wait to see this !

10. J. Pomp's rating of the film Black Venus

Ignore the critics. Kechiche is a master. I can't believe this is 2h40...it's so gripping I barely noticed any time had passed. It's a must-see.

11. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film Black Venus

12. micmac●'s rating of the film Black Venus

I found this a very problematic film. But at the same time I'm glad it was made and I give props to the director for a tricky task.

13. Redundant Cinema's rating of the film Black Venus

in dire need of editing and fine tuning. i left after enduring over two hours, figuring the end couldn't be worth enduring much more of the same in order to get there.

14. elena's rating of the film Black Venus

I totally agree with Dogan Arslan and Marcus Wp about the use of editing and the same and same unecessary scenes. It wasn't not bad despite that.

15. doğan arslan's rating of the film Black Venus

unnecessarily same sceens again and agiain. it can be 150min and more effective. 2/5

16. Marcus WP's rating of the film Black Venus

i give it 3 stars for the subject matter, but jesus christ this couldve used some editing.