1. Dalibor's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

Somewhat predictable parody of Western movies, spoofing the most common themes of the genre. Below the surface, however, great chemistry between Wilder and Little, parody more sublime than might seem at first, and a screenplay featuring some of director's wittiest quips.

2. tsamaroden's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

What a gloriously silly film!! The ending is sublime. "I don't work for you, I work for Mel Brooks!" If only we all could work for the great Mel Brooks.

3. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

As part of my tiny Mel Brooks marathon this week, I also got to watch it. Maybe I would've loved it much more had I watched it as a kid, because I feel it really worked if you were under-16 or just lived in the 80's/90's. But I can still appreciate a lot of it, specially the amazing Cleavon Little. And that ending. What an ending.

4. MistaRichard's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

A black sheriff in a western with hebrew-speaking indians? Yes, please.

5. MarcusArcus's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

6. Renton47's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

A silly comedy that does a few smart things - especially questioning cinema's complicity in enforcing stereotypes and prejudice. I grew up enjoying Leslie Neilsen the most, and this is goofy but never as rapid as some of those films. I revisited this for Wilder, who is sadly underutilised. Too much time spent with villains and dames, characters who misguide the film. Enjoyable, good ending, not a classic for me.

7. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

8. muh.'s rating of the film Blazing Saddles

20 years on and I still remember most of it but for the love of god I can't remember what I had for yesterday's breakfast.

9. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

Aren't we all just pawns in the game of life?

10. James Mackin's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

"Well my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim." What a line.

11. CutTheBlueWire's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

Mel Brooks' classic parody of the western genre still works wonders as a satire on racial stereotyping. The wacky, unpredictable and endlessly quotable screenplay is the star of the show while Gene Wilder and Cleavon Little give good performances. It's not exactly high brow, but you can't fault Brooks for his originality and sly sense of wit. Also this film gets the award for 'Best Horse Punch in any film ever.'

12. Khashayar Mohammadi's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

I find Mel Brooks' brand of comedy very low-brow and bland.

13. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

14. Tigrão's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

"—Can't you see it's the last act of a desperate man? —I don't care if it's act one of Henry the Fifth; we're leaving!"

15. lautrededor's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

Not as good or funny as Young Frankenstein but I like the concept.

16. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

The movie’s lesser free associations do not exactly work to the film’s advantage. The jokes stemming from the western or social material invariably work better than the random sex jokes, pop culture references, and infantile behavior, such as were prominent in scenes featuring Headley. Some years on, the movie is a bit of a mixed bag. The redemptive qualities of the film are largely social.

17. dschank's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

i never saw this as a kid. i suspect a lot of the affection for it has more to do with nostalgia than actual funny-ness.

18. Malik's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

Wished it was Richard Pryor, but still great.

19. cinemasox's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

In my circles over the last 3.5 decades, the debate was Blazing Saddles vs. Young Frankenstein. For my money, it was and always will be Saddles. "Now go do that voodoo that you do...so...weEELLL!"

20. Junda Mane's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

Watched it a few months back, still holds up brilliantly. The final act is hilariously clever.

21. charles f stewart's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

"where all the white women at?" I love this movie so much.

22. Enquan Gu's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

Django Unchained steals the idea from this movie???

23. Tiago Henrique Soares's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

So funny, the plot is so unpredictable.

24. João Rocha's rating of the film Blazing Saddles

"Stampeding cattle...through the Vatican"