1. easterhasi's rating of the film Blindness

Sad. Sad. A top director, a promising cast and still I was tempted to go for just one star. The over/under exposure almost gave me nausea. Worse, the incomprehensible behavoir of some characters. She let herself be abused for the greater good and only thereafter decides to kill the tormentor, even though she could easily have slain him before. Why would she do that? Did she expect the treatment to be more pleasant?

2. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Blindness

3. pluviosity's rating of the film Blindness

Some scenes could be uselessly too long, but it is still probably the most beautiful metaphorical story I ever knew.

4. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Blindness

this film could have been brilliant

5. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film Blindness

Not fan of those kind of movies but it works. Good movie overall with a good cast.

6. bitterMoo's rating of the film Blindness

7. Yokna HASEGAWA's rating of the film Blindness

this film is most important in 2000s. though imperfect because the vision was too huge. i love his philosophical approach and scale of cinematic desire. at least there's one god-blessed shot. like the moment other films waited for and gave their way. i think every films are connected in subconscious of generation.this look-like-a-panic-movie film opens inner eyes to touch the truth like nightmare sleep walker.

8. MistaRichard's rating of the film Blindness

Mark Ruffalo's face describes me watching this movie.

9. Meastro0's rating of the film Blindness

10. orhideae's rating of the film Blindness

I know it's the most boring thing I could ever say, but... yeah, the book was way better. Actually, the movie wouldn't even be so bad if they had also included the more emotional scenes from the book, small events that are not such a big deal action-wise, but carry a lot of weight nevertheless. Still, I guess the plot makes it interesting for someone who had no contact w/ Saramago before the movie.

11. Zach Closs's rating of the film Blindness

A technical marvel. The way Meirelles approaches blindness cinematically is frankly ingenious; rapid-fire editing weaves extreme close-ups and focus-pulls devoid of POV into a murky, disorienting tapestry that's never confusing or boring to watch, consequently. Quite the opposite. The director's unwavering commitment to Saramago's punishing, even nightmarish novel makes it very hard to watch in one sitting, however.

12. Nicole Cahali's rating of the film Blindness

13. Marta's rating of the film Blindness

14. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film Blindness

Love the lightings. As usual, Julianne Moore and GGB are awesome.

15. sergioazevedo's rating of the film Blindness

16. Maoolina Fajrini's rating of the film Blindness

17. Camila L. Costa's rating of the film Blindness

Another one that should be seen by everybody. At first, I was completely underestimating it, but it's surprisingly good.

18. Lívia Loos's rating of the film Blindness

19. Duarte Horta Correia's rating of the film Blindness

20. JasonAv's rating of the film Blindness

21. L Felix's rating of the film Blindness

If you seek for a reality where chaos takes over by the simplicity of human fragility, this is the film I recommend. There is nothing that could explain it, no rules, no logic, and suddenly a blindness takes over. As you could imagine, blindness allow us to see many things about humans we didn't know while our eyes were open. It is an adaptation of the book by José Saramago, Ensaio Sobre Cegueira.

22. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Blindness

23. Pater Ecstaticus's rating of the film Blindness

24. Comadozer's rating of the film Blindness

It is so flat. And pale. And trying. I prefer plague films to at least provide a different angle on "domestic life is morose anyway, and the government are inhuman." But it is a bit beautiful at times. Some nice textures. And semi plausible performances. Wouldn't usually advocate the necessity for a significant explosion but Blindness could benefit from one. Even a musical number.