1. klofter's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

Would probably have preferred it without the preachy and somewhat grating last 10 minutes. The film thankfully doesn't wade into the territory of white supremacy too deeply but rather uses it as a jumping off point to illustrate the cluelessness and naivete of its characters. Thankfully though, the film also has tremendous sympathy for the stupidity of youth and doesn't condemn the characters. Still, rather shallow.

2. muse_x's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

Loved it, though they could've miked it better. Still it was like chewing on exceedingly sweet gum & then going past, to where the gum's lost its taste but you jaw goes into over-drive & you're coked to the gills!

3. Peter Bond's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

"Gods don't have AIDS" A hilarious and utterly odd comedy juxtaposing vapid 90s youths in the Honduran jungle.

4. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

This is soooo good, I like -can't stop grinding my teeth! :D

5. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

"How'll we know if it's working?" "I'm sure it'll tingle or something." Unhinged, uninhibited, free, funny; we need more films that don't try so hard. Whit Stillman's Barcelona and Buñuel's Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie get drunk, watch 80s TV at the bar, and play pool with Brakhage and Herzog. Or maybe it's about the Iran-Contra-type madness of American policy in Central America. I kept expecting sleestacks...

6. DJ Summitt's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

I didn't expect to like this so much. It is vapid & contrived but since it was all planned with such a master stroke it's nothing but enjoyable.

7. Gaurav Singhmar's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

This film is like eating candy when you don't really like candy and the candy knows that you don't really like it and it doesn't really like being candy, doesn't intend to be candy, and so it's not really candy it's something quite a bit more palatable, without declaring itself. Four stars to balance the scolds that rob it improperly.

8. Peter Belly's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

Funny, good jungle photography, and a killer soundtrack.

9. T Mills's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

I love the use of music and the raw, unpolished feel to the whole film. I also admire that Mubi is selecting short works. As a filmmaker who bounces back and forth between shorts and features myself, it's great to see them appreciated along side the longer works.

10. msmichel's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

Strangely likable while deliberately amateurish this story of the over privileged wandering the jungle in search of the fountain of youth somewhat delights and certainly entertains. Pretty much the perfect length as any longer it might become grating. A good calling card for their next effort.

11. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

It's visually great, but the writing and story were very bad. The jokes weren't funny and the satire they had going was lost every time someone spoke.

12. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

what do you get when you give a couple of rich kids a camera and a ton of money? this crappy film.

13. Stage Name's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

Why would I want to watch a movie, even a short one, about annoying overprivileged teenagers being annoying? It would be one thing if this were a start to a coming of age film that eventually leads to their growth as human beings, but that definitely did not happen. These kids started off being irritating and quickly became unbearable.

14. clarud@hotmail.com's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

Funny, surreal and hipstery-pretty shots, all in just 48 mins

15. Adam S. Hacker's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

As a once privileged white kid who grew up abroad.. I laugh at the circumstances that took these blondes into the jungle. I was the localized kid, in this case. The juvenile effects and camera shots, paired with the soundtrack made me second guess the 2009 born-on date. Over humorous and worthwhile. Loved the proper jungle scenes.

16. z2z2's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

The aesthetics are amazing from the color pallet to the fuzzy quality of the film. The dialogue is set up in a way that is similar to a 7th grade middle school play, no one is believable, but somehow it makes them oddly believable. It definitely relaxes you, within the first two minutes you are the stuck with beautiful sounds and visuals that forced you to image in yourself as a kid in Honduras 1987

17. dakotah's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

"Cheeno gods don't have AIDS!"

18. EdieEmm's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

I'd cut 'em some slack if they'd had a harder task but, really, how hard would it've been to make a movie making fun of privileged white kids that was actually funny? Unless... was it meta? As vapid as it's characters? Maybe I just missed the joke. One star for "maya-naise" and the vampire bat thing. Another half star if that guy was supposed to be Bret Easton Ellis.

19. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

0 Stars. Makes those Jean Rollin movies look like masterpieces of cinema.

20. jamesey's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

As soon as you realize this is a comedy that doesn't take itself seriously, you'll enjoy this. The vapid valley heads from New York had me chuckling.

21. KDMV4's rating of the film Blondes in the Jungle

Miami Vice v. Huey Newton v. The 1980s as a concept.