1. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Blood and Roses

Connection failed. Trying to pull out all the stops, BnR feels like a Japanese anime series set in Europe, e.g. Hellsing. It's churned statistically the tropes related to mystery, tory rituals, bal masqué, neurotic identification, agliophobia, gateway à la Die Toteninsel, and built a theme park with CAPITALIZED, recognizable signposts. Pyrotechnics, white figure seen through hell's pyre/fire, lead's pyrrhic.. defeat.

2. rulesofachia's rating of the film Blood and Roses

A gorgeous masterpiece... The French version sets out to be both a vampire film and an ambiguous psychodrama. The end result is a perfect mix of the two where the fantastical elements are subtle yet just enough that you can interpret it either way. Beautiful visuals, sweeping music, charmingly strange performances... I love this film!

3. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Blood and Roses

Progenitor of Rollin’s vampire films and maybe even European horror at large: It’s ostensibly about the supernatural but could just as easily be ‘about’ something else, it’s not as much concerned with storytelling as it is with linking images with emotions, and despite the modern setting it really has no regard for modernity. Granddaddy de fantastique!

4. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Blood and Roses

a pleasant little atmospheric-goth film from 60s France. The soundtrack by Prodomidès is fabulous, far more beautiful (in terms of pathos and complexity) than most of materials from nowadays film composers.

5. Juurakkotukka's rating of the film Blood and Roses

Any idea where I could get this?

6. MODERNGRUMBLE's rating of the film Blood and Roses

I have yet to understand why anyone ever thought anything of vadim

7. HKFanatic's rating of the film Blood and Roses

I started watching this on Netflix, not realizing that it was the full screen and heavily-cut American version of the film. That discovery wouldn't have done me much good since the movie isn't available on DVD here in the States anyway. Unfortunately this is a case where we have to make due with what we have. The film itself is a curiously atmospheric, occasionally sensual vampire tale with light sapphic undertones.