1. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

Un documentaire insoutenable, d'une précision et d'une crudité quasi chirurgicales, cliniques, sur les différents moyens de mise à mort, dépeçages et autres traitements sanglants d'anonymes bovidés, équidés et autres ovins qui vont garnir et remplir nos affamés assiettes et palais. De quoi devenir définitivement végétarien... www.cinefiches.com

3. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

So short, but so effective. Watching the butchers singing and whistling while doing their horrible but "necessary" work is almost as terrifying as the slaughters themselves. Wanna eat some meat now ?

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

5. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

6. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

I ve witnessed sacrificial slaughters in my childhood . This reminded me bad memories ...fortunately film was black&white.

7. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

A very matter of fact documentary about a French slaughterhouse. It's pretty educational, though sometimes the filmmakers take a stance, calling the animals "victims", so you know what their leanings are. Pretty disturbing throughout, mostly because everything looks so unsanitary. The worst part was showing how they processed veal. Personally, I wasn't as affected, because I know practices have improved since then.

8. Kamran's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

Such incredible formal precision, aesthetic expression, and candid observation. Hard to watch but needs to be seen. 85/100 - Excellent (4.5)

9. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

Much like Nuit et brouillard and Shoah makes you wonder why we even bother to make dramas about the Holocaust, Le Sang des bêtes makes you wonder why we need to make new documentaries against animal cruelty.

10. Robert Orlowski's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

Shortly after I helped myself to a fat bologna sandwich!

11. Log Lady's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

I'm a meat eater but I also love animals, so this was difficult. Franju's intention though wasn't to make a horrifying short film, but to juxtapose the calm scenery of a Parisian suburb with what is going on in the slaughterhouses. He also wanted to find surrealistic meaning in the documentary form, so if there are parallels to the concentration camps, it's entirely the viewer who is attaching more meaning to it.

12. Daniel Dawson's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

Absolutely devastating comparison of efficient modes of slaughter drawing on the Holocaust through a vivid allegory.

13. Robsaranga's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

Allucinante documentario su un macello parigino degli anni '50, diretto con surrealista cipiglio da Georges Franju.

14. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

Prelude to Night and Fog. And Franju doesn't care if you're having salad or steak for lunch.

15. Gonçalo Cardeira's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

16. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

17. Henrique Verkündigung's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

forget about the slaughter, i've learned today that this is a major critic to concentration camps and nazi power over europe, it's an amazing dissimulated critique masked as a documentary, genius!!

18. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

★★★★ bucolic vs. butchery.

19. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

Man, I could really go for a hamblurghhh,,,

20. Juhana Inkeriläinen's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

Damn. Imagine seeing this on technicolour 3D.

21. film_lies101's rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

22. (arc)'s rating of the film Blood of the Beasts

the scariest of all time