1. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Blood Simple

2. Alp Yenibalcı's rating of the film Blood Simple

With the inspiration they got from the B-list and noir films and the sense of humor came from detective novels by Chandler, Hammett and Cain, Coen Brothers created a darky but neon lighted world with a black comedy soul in it. Frances McDormand has a positive influence in every Coen film she involved. Unpredictable script not easy to find out what will happen next for the spectators. Masterpiece.

3. brick_bro's rating of the film Blood Simple

4. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Blood Simple

5. Lu Who's rating of the film Blood Simple

3.5 // coens being coens already. bery nice

6. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Blood Simple

7. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Blood Simple

Rewatched and re-loved. I didn't remember how good is this. What a Masterpiece. Blood Simple and Lost Highway: maybe I'm wrong but I've always associated these two wonderful films with one another.

8. gld48's rating of the film Blood Simple

Outstanding debut. Terrifying in parts.

9. Giulia Galbarini's rating of the film Blood Simple

Now it's the same old song / But with a different meaning since you been gone <3

10. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Blood Simple

A good, simple genre film. No more, no less.

11. wiwitaek's rating of the film Blood Simple

A terrific debut! No wonder those brothers work stunning these days. In love with touch of the details, camera works, and especially the storyline: they give us a clue, but none of them are predictable. Only lack of a thing and it's from me: I'm not into their touch of typical western (leather shoe, engraved magnum, cowboy hat and stripper bar)

12. yelloww's rating of the film Blood Simple

13. ig_____or's rating of the film Blood Simple

You can definitely see how this film paved the way for the Coen's charismatic body of work. It's an enjoyable thriller, not particularly groundbreaking in any way, but an assertive tale of betrayal, deceiving and violence. Some parts were not so easy no grasp in order to fully understand what was going on.

14. Zac Weber's rating of the film Blood Simple

The opening monologue alludes to all of the themes you'll encounter throughout the film..."Something can always go wrong," and, in Texas, "You're on your own." I wish Frances McDormand was in every movie. This new 4k restoration is magnetic.

15. Joana Silva Fernandes's rating of the film Blood Simple

16. miles's rating of the film Blood Simple

really like the look of this film, the story however is a bit mediocre. But hey it's their first!

17. low's rating of the film Blood Simple

Have you ever had an acid bad trip while watching a guy get buried alive? I did. Maybe that's why I had all those panic attacks after it.

18. Ethan's rating of the film Blood Simple

The Coens debut film is one of the quirkiest and bloody film noirs ever committed to the cinema. These guys were only getting started at turning the cinema upside down.

19. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Blood Simple

'Blood Simple' is the prophecy of the Cohen brothers, if you will- this film set the tone of nearly every film of their career to come since its release. It's a slow burning spiral of miscommunication littered with dark, witty banter, betrayal, desperation, and of course, murder, that will have you on the edge of your seat second guessing anything you think you may know about the multiple twists and turns...↓

20. James Roth's rating of the film Blood Simple

2.5. I did quite like this but I felt the characters were fairly weak in comparison to other Coen Bros films I have seen. It was very well directed, they have a way of stretching events out to create tension that I really like but overall I was lukewarm towards this.

21. Francesca Di Donna's rating of the film Blood Simple

Just perfect, from the direction to the actors.

22. smndvdcl's rating of the film Blood Simple

23. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Blood Simple

The whining, wheezy laugh-- everyone here is dead or dying.

24. lepetitjermey's rating of the film Blood Simple

it had a few interesting moments but some elements felt repetitive. loved that piano score