1. Steve G.'s rating of the film Blood Simple

A film so sweaty that you can almost smell the B.O. The Coens' exceptional neo-noir is not without the brothers' trademark dark humour as it relentlessly and brutally approaches its climax. Exceptional turns from Frances McDormand and the great M. Emmet Walsh and the horrifying burial scene are just some of the most memorable parts of this sensational debut.

2. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Blood Simple

Very clever constructed, with some rather unexpected twists. The motion of the camera and the movements of the actors are carefully choreographed, the work with colours, light, shadows ans sound is amazing.

3. Anita G's rating of the film Blood Simple

The investors got a good deal for their money : sets the path for their further work. The screenplay, suspense and music are the standout elements here.

4. Maria Eugênia Gonçalves's rating of the film Blood Simple

Todos os elementos que se tornariam recorrentes nas obras dos irmãos Coen estão aqui. Um Fargo menos elaborado da década de 80.

5. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film Blood Simple

6. chickenwing's rating of the film Blood Simple

Watching this I can see where No Country For Old Men came from.

7. flamingo jones's rating of the film Blood Simple

Really great crime thriller, and a brilliant first film. With a tight script full of unexpected plot twists and their signature deadpan humor, BLOOD SIMPLE shows that the Coen brothers have had their knack for sharp storytelling and intriguing characters since the beginning. I think this is one of their best films out of their current filmography.

8. Célio g.'s rating of the film Blood Simple

9. sly's rating of the film Blood Simple

i also enjoyed (most of their movies) most recently, a serious man

10. pedrosaurus's rating of the film Blood Simple

Noir-ish: when Ray was lying down in the dark it reminded me of Burt Lancaster in "The Killers" - and I wonder if David Lynch was paying tribute to this movie when he shot "Lost Highway".

11. BrianFromConcentrate's rating of the film Blood Simple

I was finally able to add this film to my collection. I think it was one of the only Coen Brothers' movies I didn't have. Fortunately for me, unfortunately for them, Blockbuster is closing down two locations near my house. I have been going to each one every few days and I'm finding great deals and even mis-marked blu-rays for $4.99. Anyway...Blood Simple for $1.99 was hard to pass up.

12. orangey's rating of the film Blood Simple

clunky, mechanical narrative, and not to mention all the 80's cheesy techniques,from the ominous music to emphasis on shlock . the ending almost makes up for it

13. Caro_its's rating of the film Blood Simple

The light, the shadows, the music, and Frances McDormand. And the knife. That was just the first movie of the Coen's...

14. Daniel's rating of the film Blood Simple

Why do people say this is an incredible film? There's better noir than this.

15. Billy Casper's World's rating of the film Blood Simple

The Coen Brothers debut is easily their masterpiece. They never quite reached the mystery or coolness of this film in all of the rest of their careers, although they did come close with the gangster drama Miller's Crossing and the crime drama The Man Who Wasn't There. This is easily their darkest, wittiest and cleverest film. Their dark witty twist filled scripts are at their best when involved in crime thrillers.

16. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Blood Simple

A solid first feature. The storytelling isn't as tight and commanding as in later movies, but already better than many filmmakers ever get.

17. Roberto Russo's rating of the film Blood Simple

first shot at absurdism by the coens was a great one, and they just got better at that.

18. Guido Fierlbeck's rating of the film Blood Simple

19. yuriwalker's rating of the film Blood Simple

So bad it's good. The ending is perfect.

20. Kenrick Block's rating of the film Blood Simple

they started off so strong......

21. João Biscaia's rating of the film Blood Simple

...Frances McDormand was incredibly hot.

22. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Blood Simple

Esordio da urlo dei Coen. Un piccolo gioiellino, Un neo-noir superlativo con un buon cast e una fantastica colonna sonora. Da rivedere

23. novanindro's rating of the film Blood Simple

good debut ! that private investigator somehow remind me of bardem's role in NCFOM

24. Erik F.'s rating of the film Blood Simple