1. luís debonoir's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

2. arcondicionado's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

3. EdieEmm's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

I might've grown up to appreciate, like Jeanne Dielman, the efficiency & calming effect of routine, but my inner world is still a lot like this! Wildly precocious first short (Akerman was 18!) The first time a film's sound design has had me breathless & captivated from the outset. Succumbs, finally, to the banality of the teenage imagination, but not before clearly establishing the irrepressible force of her vision.

4. nessmj's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

my first foray into Akerman. Somehow both precious and harrowing. Particularly the liberties taken with sound interest me. Beginning with a sequence wrought with movement and hurried humming moving to haphazard mania in a shut up tiny space. Eventually the actions becoming more manic and the humming reflecting a certain melancholic frenzy. Can't believe she was 18 when she made this.

5. Chearth's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

6. xuxuxush's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

most exuberant suicide ever.

7. qw0aszx's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

Rewatch this after Akerman's death...

8. uenus's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

allahu akbar a la vida toda tarareando

9. B o g d a n's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

Pariu cu viața - behind the scenes

10. Lintang A.'s rating of the film Blow Up My Town

Yea, she only made it when she was 18. So i didn't expecting ivan's childhood,citizen kane,bottle rocket or whatever you called it as amazing debut. But, it was still a pain to watch it! Now I'm sure there's people out there saying I didn't get it, and that I should never watch Chantal Akerman's work because of my views on this, but, there is not necessarily any actual meaning here.

11. María F. Guerrero's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

Discomfort, loneliness and anger shown in a "feminine" manner. This short piece is very beautiful, stunning for its simplicity.

12. jonijtr's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

(The Departed) Mrs. Akerman made this when she was 18 years old . . . . . . . . I have 3 more years to make short as good as this

13. saitosouta's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

My 2016 resolution: I watch Chantal Akerman's movie ALL. Upriftingly lilting, gradually heartbreaking tale about a girl who wanna have fun with death, making me remember that I wrote my death haiku when I was in high school. Her death is wonderful world's end, BOOM.

14. renda.g's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

few things in the world are enjoyable as weird feminist short movies. i love the DIY feeling this one has.

15. Irma Vep's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

16. tenonder's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

17. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Blow Up My Town

Very impressive for a 18-year-old filmmaker

18. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

Really impressive for someone who was 18 when they made it!

19. ry h's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

It's enlightening to see how much this film has in common with Věra Chytilová's "Daises", since "Jeanne Dielman" could read as an inversion of the Czech director's raucous, anti-structuralist work. Mostly, it's just enjoyable to see Akerman have some fun (no matter how dark the undertones get).

20. Stevie's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

Interesting starting point and pretty satirical for an 18 year old.

21. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

22. El Biffo's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

There's a Smurf in her kitchen!

23. GQBY's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

la vie est si normale

24. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film Blow Up My Town

Curious as shit! Even though it felt more like an exercise than a fully realized film, I was completely draw in by how enigmatic it is.